New to modding, looking for sources.

kicker9898

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I've been a flashlight junkie for a long time but have just now found CPF and modding. I have a couple of BH Falcata 9V's that I'm planning on putting drop in LED engines in, and an old school Laser Devices 9P that's been with me since 1998, that I also want to put a drop in LED into. Also have a couple of Pentagonlights that I'm trying to figure out how best to mod. Quite a few Streamlights of various kinds, and various other lights here and there. High power LED lights are a new thing to me though, my first two are on the way, an Olight M3X and an M20X. Also had to order a Terralux Lightstar 300.

My question is, where are the best places to find parts? I know about Overready, Lighthound, Malkoff, and DX. But for really cool heads, custom bodies and tailcaps, things like that, where are some other places I should look? Hope I'm not being rude by asking, but I've searched and googled and found a few but I've seen some really cool lights in some of the picture threads and haven't been able to find many of those parts. If it's not ok to post links, just some names would be great to get me started. Mainly looking for lego-able parts, but I'm interested in it all :huh: I'm afraid I've found a new hobby...

Thanks for any help!
Jason

Jackasper

Enlightened
Hi kicker9898, :welcome:!! There are lots of places to get goodies but I think the place for you to hang out would be in the "CPF's Custom & Modified Flashlights- Buy/Sell/Trade" forum. Tons of modders/artists doing what they do. I have spent MANY a night in that section checking out all the different styles of lights and parts that are available. Good luck !