Which Surefire Wil have farther throw than the JetBeam Jet1 Pro V3??.

busseguy

Enlightened
I am looking at trading off my Jetbeam Jet1 Pro V3 light and getting a Surefire to try out. I really like the E2DL but I dont know if it will throw as far as the jetbeam.

Anyone know for sure, or is there a better option out there with a forward clicky with momentary on?.

I want to stick with something that uses 1 AA battery, 2 CR123/RCR123, or 1 18650 battery.

Looking for something that is still able to ride in a pocket.

Also I prefer either single output or lights with low, medium, or high.

Thanks in advance..

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
the E2DL will throw further, but its not going to be a huge difference.
the big difference will be the size of the hotspot. the E2DL thanks to its TIR optics gives you a wide hotspot while still having good throw, while sacrificing spill brightness. the spill is still very usable, and is pretty wide that tapers/fades at the outter edges of the spill.

the LX2 is also very nice, beam profile is about the same as the E2DL, its UI is the main difference.
L1, E1B, and E1L are single CR123. all these also use the TIR optics, and will have similar beams, but output is lower because of the single cell.
there have been reports that the L1 while using RCR123 is much brighter though.

or you can go with either a p60 host, such as a 6p, C2, or Z2. buy one thats already bored for 18650, and get a drop-in built for throw.
probably something using a XR-E or XP-E.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any of the "L" series Surefires will out do the Jet.

But you might try out the Quark 123x2 xml lights. They run on either a 2 rcr or 1 17670. They're not throwers per say, but 350 lumens sort of makes up for that compared to the 140 or so the Jet is putting out.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having had 2 Jet 1 v3s, an L1, E1B, and E2DL, I'd say the E2DL will outthrow the Jet. What migh work even better is an L1 head on an E1E body with an RCR. :) It'l run direct drive and won't throw for long, but it will throw far, I think better than the E2DL.