Fenix PD30 with AW Rechargeable 123A

arrogantowl

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

im new to this forum but have a question.

I have a PD30 and intend to run AW Rechargeable 123A given the primarys did not last very long.

1) Anyone have any idea how long a PD30 will run in Turbo mode with a fully charged AW123A

2) Also anyone have any idea how long the PD30 will run in Turbo/Strobe with a fully chrged AW123A

3) As a side question / point i was running in Turbo strobe for about 1hours and the primary where flat/ spent which seems very low. How long should i expect a primary to last in Turbo/Strobe mode at full brightness for since Fenix done say.

Cheers everyone in advance :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
1- I never measured the runtimes, but in theory the primaries should give you a longer runtime than the Li-Ions. Maybe your primaries where weak? they are said to have a shelf life of 10 years, but after 10 years they're left with about 60% of the original charge.

2- I never clocked it, but my rough guesstimate for running the PD30 on turbo with AW's is that you should get between 1H30-2 hours of runtime (my old tests showed close to specified runtimes with AW's, but I have an older R2 model). Turbo is supposed to last longer than that. Maybe someone will have enough time to clock it for you.

3- Fenix gives their runtimes based on primaries, so you should have close to 2 hours of runtime on turbo with primaries. As I mentioned, turbo is supposed to last much longer (3 hours perhaps?????)