• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB -AW's Soft-start M6 tailcap switch

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Looking for the above... Does not have to be in perfect condition. A few nicks are acceptable. Ideally, I'm looking for the entire tailcap with AW's circuits/switch installed and the spare stock parts that were taken out.

If you've lost the stock internals or don't want to part with your tailcap, I'm also okay with buying just the AW soft-start switch and will pay more than the original price that you bought it at.

Let me know! Thanks!

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Bump! Updated to show that I'm also okay with buying just the soft-start switch itself (even without the tailcap)! Will pay good money for it!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB -AW's Soft-start M6 tailcap switch *updated*

FB,

Is this the switch that is offered together with FiveMega 18mm bodies on CPF Marketplace ??? They are listing to have AW switches of type A and type B (one is for SF clickies, one for twisties)... I was wondering if those are the same kind as they might be interesting to use with M91 dropin...

Flea Bag

Enlightened

Nope! This version was made specifically for the SureFire M6's larger tailcap and therefore has the larger metal bits to enable it to fit, but electrically, it is identical to AW's type B switch for z41 tailcaps!

Flea Bag

Enlightened

On and by M91 you're referring to the M91 LED drop in by Malkoff? If so, I would advise you not to use the Type B switch with the M91. The switch was intended for use with incan bulbs only and if you use it with an LED, you may not get the desired results. I believe this switch enables incan bulbs to dim by rapid on-off switching at different duty cycles or frequencies. I belive those frequencies are too low to be used with an LED and you may end up noticing rapid blinking on your M91. Incan bulbs react relatively slow to instant on-off cycles compared to LEDs so there is no noticable blink or strobe on an incan bulb and instead, you get a reduced output depening on which level the switch is at.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

I've been using AW's soft 3 level switch for some time now with LED lights. Needs 9 volts, or two Li-Ion's to function properly, but works fine and no drop in output (bounce with light meter). I do use it with the Malkoff M91, and took to Vegas and showed it to Gene at SHOT last month.

Bill

Flea Bag

Enlightened

Nice to know but AW himself advises against using it for LEDs, but if it works for you, then that's good! AW's advice could be more of a precautionary measure but I am personally quite sensitive to LEDs that pulse at a relatively slow frequency.

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened

Bump! Remember: I'll pay MORE than the brand-new price for one of these!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Flea Bag, you are one persistent guy. :D I wanted one too, and started looking about the same time you did, but I gave up. Good for you. :thumbsup:

Bill

walterr839

Enlightened

I was looking too. managed to score a switch and Bipin adapter on the forum. but the switch didn't fit, I have since learned how rare the correct sized switch is.
I gave up and got a FiveMega 3 x 18650 Megalennium and put the small model B switch in that.

good luck I'ld be interested if one turns up

donn_

Flashaholic

Flea..are you hungry enough to consider an entire M6 system which includes the switches (in multiple tailcaps) as well as 3 tube extensions and a head?

If so, shoot me an email and I'll provide further description and pics.

Here's a teaser shot with just two of the extensions on it:

012-3.jpg

:devil:

Last edited: