Klarus Mi X6

Lightman2

Enlightened
Got my Mi X6 the other ay and must say I am quite impressed with this little light. Starts off in medium mode, then low then high with high being plenty bright to light up a bush track some way out. Having low is ideal as is med and then the high. Could be a hard AAA light to beat. Compared to my new Fenix E01 it is much brighter and offering 3 on modes and a strobe the choice is easy. Only down side I can immediately see is that there is not enough grip on the body and head to allow a really good one hand operation. Can still be done but here is where the E01 is better. And now added to my post .... the Klarus cannot tailstand that well. It does do it but the surface must be perfectly flat. If they modified the light so it offered a tailring for attaching and a flatter bottom (+ the knurling for better grip) we would have a real winner.

Last edited:

Lightman2

Enlightened
Must be someone else out there who has one of these and wants to comment surely??

slingsy

Newly Enlightened
Yes only got mine a few days ago. I bought it simply because it had the loop on the bottom so it could be put on my keyring and hang vertically, this us after i received my i3 which can tail stand but hangs at 45 deg on the keychain, very annoying.

There are other lights that are similar in output and quality such as an Olight i3 vertical slots on head for grip (cheaper, feels cheaper but can out throw the Mi x6 and Ti version is non discoverable)
Maratac AAA available in Ti ( if you could get one) this has nice knurling on the head for 1 hand ease, then there's 4Sevens Preon 1 which is readily available in Ti, but again has no knurling on head. All of the above can tail stand.. I found the Klarus very simple to use with 1 hand on my keychain but the size would render it fiddly and harder to use with 1 hand off a keyring, it would be difficult for a norm to knurl the bezel and machine the end and make a spot for a keyring.. but there would be someone on here that may want to do it for the right price..

Hope this helps, you didn't really ask many questions in your post..

Last edited:

Lonestar256

Newly Enlightened
I am the proud owner of a Klarus MI X6 Ti since approximately 2 months. I carry it every day in my pocket. I'm very satisfied with this light. It's bright and yet very small, sometimes I have to check my pocket if it's still there :grin2:. Yes, there are cheaper alternatives (itp A3/olight i3/4sevens preon etc.). I personally prefer SS or TI-Version for edc, as they don't not look as worn as an aluminium light over the years. I even ordered the special edition (Gold) from a dealer in germany. :)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Lightman, I missed this thread otherwise I would have answered earlier. :eek:

I have purchased a total of seven Klarus Mi X6 lights: three for me (s/s, Ti and Au) and four (Ti) to be used as Christmas gifts. All of them are regularly in use, I rotate mine while my friends are EDCing theirs. We are all very happy and personally I am becoming a Klarus addict owning 10 of their lights.

As to other comments I am totally in favor of a completely smooth body because I carry this light on a string hanging from the neck in direct contact with the skin and other types with a knurled body (e.g. Preon Revo) are less confortable. Tailstanding is not important for me for lights of this size while I like it for the larger one that I carry in my pants pocket.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not an owner yet, but this is one of three flashlights on my current 'to get' list :D

Hoping I might be gifted one for my B day.

I too am not fussed about tail standing such a light.

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Carry my SS model on my key ring every day. A touch more knurling would be nice, but being a key ring light, I don't want it so aggressive as to chew into my keys.

coltello

Newly Enlightened
I own one, and I'm really loving it. I think it's more a small gentleman flashlight, so extreme grip isn't necessary.

slingsy

Newly Enlightened
Any suggestions on where to order one?

Available straight of Ebay.

- I'll add an update on this light. I dropped my keys out of my shirt and it must have bent the negative contacts on the body of the light, now I have to twist the head until it is very tight with the body.. may have to machine a small spacer if I can't get them contacts bent a little.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Available straight of Ebay.

- I'll add an update on this light. I dropped my keys out of my shirt and it must have bent the negative contacts on the body of the light, now I have to twist the head until it is very tight with the body.. may have to machine a small spacer if I can't get them contacts bent a little.

slingsy, I think the MiX6 is similar in make to the Preon ReVO.
Your MiX6 might have the same issue with the spring on the negative end.
Maybe the spring in the body slowly got flattened and now the head needs to be tightened all the way down, there is a fix about it here in post #96:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...ntact-Spring&p=2622660&viewfull=1#post2622660

budynabuick

Enlightened
I will just add that some questioned the durability of the gold. 5 Mo later and it looks like new, No scratches, nicks whatsoever. Love the light. The beam is perfect.
Keith

slingsy

Newly Enlightened
slingsy, I think the MiX6 is similar in make to the Preon ReVO.
Your MiX6 might have the same issue with the spring on the negative end.
Maybe the spring in the body slowly got flattened and now the head needs to be tightened all the way down, there is a fix about it here in post #96:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...ntact-Spring&p=2622660&viewfull=1#post2622660

Yes! put it in better words for me.. that will be the problem. I'll give it a shot today. Thanks