Fenix TK35 turning it on problem

kj2

Flashaholic
Dear CPF fellows,

My TK35 is weird :( - When I put my Tenergy 18650 in it (fully charged) and tighten the head, the light won't turn on.
When I loosen the head a bit, it turns on. And then when I tighten the head again, the light sometimes turns off again.
Batteries are good, fully charged and everything is clean. What can be the problem??? :eek:oo:

Last edited:

HIDC

Banned
What happens if you just hold the battery holder against the head (eg. don't use the body)? How much force do you need for things to turn on? What if you pressed the battery holder harder against the head?

Dear CPF fellows,

My TK35 is weird :( - When I put my Tenergy 18650 in it (fully charged) and tighten the head, the light won't turn on.
When I loosen the head a bit, it turns on. And then when I tighten the head again, the light sometimes turns off again.
Batteries are good, fully charged and everything is clean. What can be the problem??? :eek:oo:

kwak

Enlightened
Sounds like a poor connection somewhere, first thing i'd check is the connection where the heads meets the round brass contact (on the section the batteries live).

Been using my TK35 for around 1 year now, it's used for between 3 and 8 hours a week, has been drop on concrete, in water, has bounced around in my backpack and car, and has been mishandled by the kids on many occasion.
Yet although looking a bit battle scared it's not missed a beat in that time.

I have also not read or heard of 1 single problem with the TK35 from anyone (and after using mine several friends and work fellows have purchased the same light).

So it does seem that this is something simple like a loose or dirty connection to me.

Good luck.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I've had my TK35 since October 2011 and it's been working just fine. In fact, I've read a lot of posts here and from what I've read helped me to make the decision to make the TK35 my first serious led flashlight. The TK35 is a good light!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
check the contacts. you use the Deoxit Gold and Dexoit Gel found on the 4Sevens website. That's what i use to clean the contacts and lube the threads for smooth operation! :)

kj2

Flashaholic
check the contacts. you use the Deoxit Gold and Dexoit Gel found on the 4Sevens website. That's what i use to clean the contacts and lube the threads for smooth operation! :)
I have cleaned the contacts with alcohol. Some dirt came of, but thats gone now- and still having the problem. I visit my dealer later today.

Edit; This morning, I put the batteries back in it. Tighten the head- and voilà; it turned on normal again. Loosen and tighten the head a bit, but my light does normal :) yay :D

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
5 posts have been removed from view; one contained a negative opinion, which gave rise to an accusation of trolling; 3 further posts continued this off-topic distraction.

Negative opinions need to be made with care. This one was borderline; however it was not trolling. Adverse opinions of products are not acceptable in sales threads, but are permitted elsewhere (such as here) if they are carefully and tactfully worded.

It should not be automatically assumed that a member who gives a negative opinion is a troll.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
See, with a little effort you have what most of us are happy to have, a good TK35.
And thanks to the moderator for xing the negativity in this thread. :thumbsup: