Fenix Warranty

JudasD

Enlightened
Hi Everyone. Hopefully this is the correct forum to post this question in. I have done some searching on this topic and most of the threads are from 2+ years ago. Does the same still apply with Fenix where the store that the item was purchased from handles the warranty? I have seen a few good deals on Fenix lights via Amazon, but the affiliate store is one that i have never heard of. I would worry that the store would not be around to give me any warranty. has anyone had any recent experience with something like this?

Thanks,
JD

duro

Enlightened
Contact fenix and they will find a dealer close to you. It's like pulling teeth trying to utilize their warranty service.

JudasD

Enlightened
I was afraid you were going to say that. Thank you for the confirmation duro.

JD

duro

Enlightened
Speaking from experience. To make the long story short. One of their us dealers they referred me to, still has my defective switch stuck in the tail cap. It was only after the fact that I mailed it out did he email me and tell me he can't do anything until he has the rest of the light. About 20 emails later, between fenix, and also this guy, I still have no resolution. Although fenix did say Ken was going to mail me a new switch/tailcap. Whoever Ken is, and I don't think they have my address?

The guy that demands my entire light said first he needed the light for warranty purposes to ensure I have a valid product. I included the warranty card, serial number, pictures of the light, copies of my receipt, now he comes back and said that he needs the rest of the light to ensure proper warranty service. This was after I mailed the tailcap and switch according to his instructions.

I contacted another fenix dealer and he did say to just send the tailcap and switch, but now this other guy has it. HEH. What a pain in the ***. I'm really just providing cliff notes here, but it's safe to say their warranty service is jacked up.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check your country of origin laws.For instance in the UK the contract is between the buyer and seller,so whoever sold it you sorts it out under warranty.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warranty service can depend on your dealer. My cousin had a switch issue and he received a spare switch in a reasonnable amount of time; never needed to send the light in. Just ask Fenix where to send your light if you have a problem. Personally I try to always buy from the same places and make my name so I get excellent service no matter what. I get most of my lights within 2 days and my e-mails answered the same day, not to mention no questions asked when I have a problem with a light. Spending 500$+ a year with the same dealer has many advantages.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
The Fenix TK35 I got said warranty was for 24 mo. I registered my TK35 online and received an additional 6 month warranty.

davecroft

Enlightened
I bought a Fenix E11 from a dealer in Hong Kong. The head was damaged (the sealed packaging was intact so it was not the dealer's fault and not damaged in transit). I could have returned to dealer for replacement, but would have had to pay a lot to send it back to HK by recorded postage - almost half the cost of the light!

I wrote to Fenix, their first response was 'send it back to dealer - they will deal with it'. I told them I didn't think I should have to pay to return it. I nagged at them a bit and the end they sent me a new head free of charge.

I think I was lucky, but it does show that Fenix will try to help (well they did in my case). It gave me a lot of faith in their company.

Last edited:

JudasD

Enlightened
There are quite a few US vendor names that get thrown around here. Just not certain which one to give my business to. eenie, meanie, mine, moe!

JD

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are quite a few US vendor names that get thrown around here. Just not certain which one to give my business to. eenie, meanie, mine, moe!

JD

Head to the marketplace and check out the dealer's specials... rebates help a lot to direct your money! (you WILL need to register to the marketplace, though)

duro

Enlightened
Well, got my tailcap/switch replacement from another Fenix distributor who wasn't a dink like the other one they refferred me to. I am pleased that Fenix followed through and fixed my issue. Sadly their warranty service depends on what dealer they refer you to. I would buy another Fenix product again. Their warranty service is much better than the likes of Nitecore.