RED Led for Ledlenser P/T/B7

dgauche

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

So here goes.... I have been lurking around for a while on this forum as a guest, reading as much as I can and I must admit I would never have guessed that there are so many people so well educated on LEDs and their applications as light source in a torch.

I have also read enough by now to figure out the Ledlenser brand is not particularly popular on these forums, but I bought mine before I had been educated.

I purchased the Ledlenser B7 because of it's claimed 200m throw and that it comes with a "bike mount" which fits perfectly on my Bushnell scope on my 30-06 Sako rifle. I thought that this would work great for hunting jackal and also ordered the pressure switch "tape" endcap and red filter for the B7. Once I had everything mounted it was perfect... except for the fact that when I added the red filter, I lost nearly 70% of the power of the light.

Now, I was wondering whether there is a replacement RED Led that I could insert into the Ledlenser B7 that would give me the same power output as the original white LED, but in red light. Does anyone know exactly which LEDs are used in the Ledlenser P/T/B7 ? I believe it is a Cree LED maybe an XP-E or XR-E???

What would be the best replacement LED be in RED (without having to modify the rest of the torch)?

BTW, I got so interested in the topic I caved in and bought a bunch of stuff on Dealextreame to experiment with.... here is what I got.
SKUProduct or Service NamePrice
12895USD 4.70
20333USD 10.40
103496USD 16.40
14023USD 4.38
12594USD 8.40
21314USD 2.79
12000USD 2.06
5819USD 4.90
20392USD 19.80

I also got the following from Kaidomain:
S010232$13.69

The big question is how long will this take to get to South Africa with the Chinese new year and all...

Thanks for taking the time to read through my post and please feel free to offer any advice.

Duan

Sales Links removed - Norm

Last edited by a moderator: