Fenix TA series?

DanaC

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the Fenix TA series on their site, the TA20 and TA21. Anybody using these? Can't find the TA21 for sale anywhere so I'm guessing it's new.

Thanks

buds224

Enlightened
Looking at the Fenix TA series on their site, the TA20 and TA21. Anybody using these? Can't find the TA21 for sale anywhere so I'm guessing it's new.

Thanks

TA21 has been around a while. I recently lost mine, and when trying to find a replacement, I also noticed that it isn't available anywhere. My guess is it's no longer in production. I haven't found anything to confirm that, but they were easily available a year ago. I do miss it, but there are many alternatives to that light. I was tempted to replace it with a TK21 U2, but ran into a thread about the XT11. I have it on order now and will no doubt be satisfied with it since it appears to throw as well as the TA21 but has higher lumens; the double-switch is a bonus!

HIDC

Banned
Have one TA21 in stock but personally don't like it much as the twist ring is stiff. I'd rather have a mode button like on the TK15 or PD32. Out of production, that's good to know heh (check and stop stocking it).

DanaC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, gents. Newbie here, right after asking I had the duh moment and did a search. This was brought up a while back.

Fenix could do a better job of keeping their website current, imo.

The TA20 is still available on Amazon etc, the TA21 is apparently scarce.

So I'm going back to look at the TK and PD series again, while reading more here. Great forum!

Thanks again

loquutis79

Enlightened
My first Fenix was the TK35. Really amazing flashlight with HUGE amounts of light, nice balance between throw and spill. 820 lumens!

Then I wanted a smaller one for work so I bought the TK21 U2. Also a ton of light and nice throw at 468 lumens. Just a little to bulky for an EDC. [Read, excuse to buy third Fenix]

Third was the PD32. I use this at work, clipped to my belt. It is also small enough, for me anyway, to be an EDC. In fact I like it so much that I am going to get a second one so I can leave one at work, and EDC the other one.

The quality and price point of the Fenix line has got me hooked.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
I have a TA21. At the time I thought, what a perfect light. Now that I own a V10A that easily overpowers it and that while being so small, and with a better UI, to me at least, its not such a perfect light anymore. If it could have pushed out 450 or so lumens, which most 18650 lights of today can easily achieve, it would have been a very good light. But there are better lights out there for the money. In fact, I tried to sell mine locally on a site like E-Bay but there was no interest in it at all. For the same money I would rather get a V40C.
Edit: Sorry, V20C. I got my numbers crossed:)

Last edited: