D25A Mini - no longer changing modes

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
I pulled out my EagleTac D25A this morning, and while it would turn on and off, it would not cycle between modes. Tried a fresh battery (and later validated that the original eneloop was nearly fully charged) - no luck.

Alas, I've submitted the support form on EagleTac's website - however, their site is so flaky (broken links, etc.) that my confidence isn't 100% that they will receive / respond (the return link after submitting the message was broken...):shakehead

Well, at least I'm within the 120 month warranty period...

purelite

Enlightened
try cleaning threads on head and tube

also the back of the circuit board

Last edited:

Dreamer

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine. Hopefully wont hv any mode changing problems in the future.
Like what purelite says, try cleaning it first.

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
try cleaning threads on head and tube

also the back of the circuit board

Thanks for the suggestions; however, no luck. It continues to turn on and off on a single mode. No response from EagleTac support as of yet...

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
I'll keep you posted. So far, nothing. I'm going to look for a phone number to see if I can get a response... Pretty disappointing.

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
This light doesn't have a real low "low", so hard to tell for sure. I'd guess the medium mode, but could be low.

Still no response from EagleTac...

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
You should contact the dealer directly as Eagletac and major Chinese flashlights manufacturers are closed for the Chinese Lunar New Year holiday. They will not be back until the first week of February.
Their website looks flacky because they are still up-grading the website with their new models, but that is no excuse for leaving customers hanging.
Let me know how things work out, as i am interested in getting one too.

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
I reached out to my dealer (Aimkon, who has been fantastic to deal with on many purchases, btw) as well on Friday. I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on a G25C2, but think I may go a different direction based on the (lack of) response...

Re: flaky site due to upgrading / new models - they seem to be completely dysfunctional as it relates to website management. Before their recent redesign, you had to go into the "beta" area to get to (for example) the D25 products. Their new site has been up for several weeks - seems like they should have been able to do some better quality control than they have so far. But I digress...

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
Quick update: EagleTac responded last night (early this morning) and asked me to try a fresh battery after cleaning the threads...

I responded about 8am ET that the problem remained; will update on how they handle.

shortstack

Enlightened
I've had good luck from Eagletacs, and the one time I had a flaky XPG droping on my T20C2 Mike at PTS replaced it for free and even upgraded it to a XM-L HO drop in.

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
For those following the Eagletac support saga...

I received an RMA from Eagletac support this morning. Perhaps I was naive, but I didn't expect that I had to return it - to HONG KONG!

Looks like it'll cost me about $20 via USPS - everything else is more expensive. I'm not sure I'll bother for a $30 light...

Anyone have suggestions for shipping a single small item to Hong Kong?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My D25A Mini has started doing the same: it comes on on low (as it should) but quite often refuses to change levels. Other times everything is OK. I have cleaned all accessible parts and seen that the pill is not loose but the problem remains. I could send it back to the dealer in the UK asking for a replacement but I am not sure I am willing to pay the relevant cost for this comparatively cheap light.
I have a total of 4 of these Eagletacs (1 x AA and 1 x 123 both in Al and Ti) and this is the only one that behaves strangely.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I had a slightly different problem with a D 25A Ti mini, the light wouldn't change modes, this occurred during the day so it took me a while to realise the light wasn't turning off, it was permanently stuck on low, I inspected the head using a magnifying glass and couldn't see any problem.

Logic told me there had to be a short between the head and the negative ring of the circuit board so I ran a sharp dental pick around the outer edge of the board and inspected again now I could see I had lifted a burr from the edge of the board, I cleared the burr and the light has been working perfectly.

Norm

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be on the safe side I have also tried out what Norm has done on his D25 but there has been no change. The funny thing is that the defect appears only occasionally with no apparent pattern.

I have decided to keep this light on my nightstand, the one I use for night cruises around the house never sees a change of level above minimum anyway. :p

how2

Enlightened
Eagletac seems no better than these cheap HK sellers. Certain HK seeler will pay for the shipping costs.

I thought Eagletac was a branded name? Why don't you just send it back to the seller and not the manufacturer?

You guys pay too much for your branded lights, I got a Jetbeam BA10 and BC10 for less than$26 from HK.

how2

Enlightened
Why don't you just send it back to the seller and manufacturer? You guy pay too much for your lights. I bought a Jetbeam BA10 and BC10 for less than $26 each from a cheap HK, and if I get any problems they will pay for shipping. Every light I have bought from these seller work and the ones that do not work(1%) they payed for the return shipping.

The onus on shipping should be on the seller. Do not take any nonsense from the seller and make him pay for return shipping.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please which HK seller URLs?

( btw, HK doesnt sell Eagtac. )