Do you watch EDC videos? Why or why not?

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
I watch EDC videos to see what else everyone else carries, but normally I just fast forward to see the flashlight. Am I the only one that does that? Most videos I've seen on EDCs are focused mostly on the gun or knife they carry.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watched a couple, and yeah I got there looking for HDS videos.
I start blushing and giggling when I watch them, no offense but a couple yards of duct tape, a few fast food napkins, lighter & smokes, flashlight and spare battery, pliers, knife along with a needle/thread in my wallet is Plenty of crap to carry around. Maybe a pistol too if/when one might feel the need.... but EDC videos tend to go way beyond what I'd consider practical, I like to be able to move around without waddling like a penguin.

-With that said, you can't go wrong with enough rope to hang yourself, any amount of paracord that you can justify carrying and a baker's dozen of really good knots in your head. ;-)

Last edited:

packeagle

Newly Enlightened
I have no problem with edc of knives firearms and a light. I tend to not watch edc videos because people just lug around way to much stuff. Its not practical to take two pistols, three knives, a field trama kit, and whatever other cool toys you've bought with you every day.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not watch them,I study what others buy and I buy the complete opposite so I can bring my little insight into the mix but like many I have the Fenix EO1 and Itp,s etc etc.

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
Sgt. LED said:
Nope
Too expensive! I'd see things I would want

You're smarter than me, I keep finding more and more stuff I want

But some of the stuff (like 3 guns and 4 knives or a $495 knife) seem ridiculous to EDC.

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
I like watching the vids to see what lights they EDC and to see if it would be worth carrying myself. I wish I could throw an XML in my microstream though, that would be the only light I carry. That and a bunch of 10440s

TadpolePilot

Newly Enlightened
Yes!
That is why I now own a Fenix PD-20!
I added a break-away lanyard and it is now at home around my neck under the undershirt!
Have not used it since about 3:30 today to see where a water leak was in the faucet in the water box of the washer box at a customers house. Simply love the little light! Impressed the customer! Made me feel very good.