Nitecore SR3 lens size?

Popeyeusa

Newly Enlightened
:confused:Does anybody know the dimensions for the lens on the Nitecore SR3? I shattered the lens and have been trying to replace it.

I wrote 4sevens,where I had purchased the light, and they said that the light had been discontinued and they are unable to repair or replace my light. The manufacturer is no longer servicing defective lights from them and does not have any stock and the manufacturer is not planning to fulfill their outstanding order. .
They also gave me info to contact Nitecore, which I contacted, and they asked me for the dimensions of the mineral glass lens :huh:. I searched the forum sections in CPF and can't seem to find anything. Please help if you can.
Thank you.:grin2::grin2::grin2:

Popeyeusa

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore SR3 shattered lens?

I need help finding the size of the lens in a Nitecore SR3. I have been searching all over and can' t seem to locate the specifications or dimensions anywhere. I even contacted Nitecore and they asked me to find the size before they would be able to help me. If anyone has a Nitecore SR3, maybe they could measure the lens. Please be careful because when I opened my light the lens fell on the floor and shattered. I looked on flashlightlens.com but they don' t have the light listed either. I also searched CPF to no avail. Thank You for your help! Popeye

Norm

Retired Administrator
Re: Nitecore SR3 shattered lens?

Please keep all of your posts regarding this topic in the one thread - Norm

polarion

Newly Enlightened

Seems to have a diameter of 29mm and a thickness of 2mm.:wave:

Popeyeusa

Newly Enlightened

Does anyone recommend a partular type of lens for replacement? They have all diffent types of materials, from glass to plastic with different coatings. I'm not sure what lens actually came on the flashlight, however if anyone has any suggestions for a better quality lens for the nitecore sr3, I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS AGAIN!

tolkaze

Enlightened

The original was an AR-Coated Glass Lens, I don't know the original size, but polarion seems to have found it. The closest to that size I can find quickly is either 28.6mm x 2.84mm lens or 28.6mm x 1.8mm UCL lens. Not sure if you can get them AR coated, but with UCL you don't really need to. You could possibly go for plastic or similar if you are worried about breaking it again, but your transmission may be cut down. Luckily the SR3 doesn't run really hot, so you won't need to go for a pyrex or borofloat lens. You would be looking at under $10 to replace the lens in either case.