CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found this from tweets about ShotShow
0ec62087.jpg

Thats a screenshot of this link. 600 lumen streamlight Fiiiiinnnnaaaalllyy
http://streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=254

Imon

Enlightened
I hate how Streamlight calls every LED a C4 LED.

On the other hand this is their first XM-L light isn't it? Good job SL for introducing flashlight programming although it looks really simplistic compared to HDS lights. :)

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I skimmed throught the specs and thought it looked great. Went back and read them more carefully, and was a bit sad. I don't do programmable UI lights. The simpler the UI the better. Oh well......

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mind programable lights, I'm stoked about the output. Chances are there'll be a simpler version or a single mode down the pipe.
I've always liked Streamlight, glad there getting with the times

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the Propoly lights going to be updated ? I asked Streamlight almost 2 years ago and I got a reply that they are coming out with a new model.....it never happened....I moved on to Underwater Kinectics since

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good for Streamlight. I, too, am a fan of theirs. It is nice to see them upping the lumens ante. The "high only" program will be the programming of choice for most law enforcement officers. It will be neat to see what else they get the XM-L in. Hopefully they will be updating the whole line up.

WDR65

Enlightened
After clicking on the above link I was looking through the rest of their new products and noticed that the Sidewinder Compact II is duel fuel capable. It will run off CR123's, AA lithium or alkaline. That's a step in the right direction I believe.

mchasal

Newly Enlightened
On another note, it looks like Streamlight finally has some competition for those "Preon" lights people on here are always raving about.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=253

That looks neat. I carried a Preon for a while, and it is a very nice light. But I lost it and didn't want to spend the money to replace it. Been carrying a SL Microstream ever since and it's been a great little light. I do miss the output of the Preon sometimes, so this might be a good option at what, I'm assuming, will be a lower price. It's got half the output of the Preon2, but 80 lumens is quite a lot from a "penlight".

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'm going to get one of the newer (C4/ 95 lumen/16 hour runtime) 3aa led task lights. Had the first (35 lumen) version way back when. Kind of miss that little illuminated sceptre/club of sorts. lol