Hindsight - your best/favorite LED aquisition in 2011?

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Ok, 2011 is now behind us, but what light stands out in your mind as being the best purchase you made last year? (Yes, pick ONE only!)

I am sure the SC600W will get a few nods, and rightly so - but what stands out in your mind as being the pinacle of your LED light buying in 2011?

Mine would be my Dark Sucks Alpha. Been a while since I purchased a custom light, and I was not disappointed. Jason does nice work.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
P100A2 XP-E R2
PA40 SMO

They made me the happiest

GaAslamp

Enlightened
ZebraLight H51c--bought it as a headlamp and experiment in high-CRI flashlights, and now I use it for virtually everything.

wakemare

Newly Enlightened
I'm caught somewhere between the Jetbeam RRT-0 and my Thrunite Catapault V3. Probably the Jetbeam I would say. Just because the Catapault doesn't work very well in the low settings... Kinda flickers on up to other settings. But I do have to say the Catapault is my go to light for around the house all the time so yeah... Hard to decide

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
I'll chime in with another H51w. I bought it as an experiment, just to see if an angled light was useful at all. And I've found out that out of all my lights (HDS, tons of 4Sevens, Fenix's, and a few others), it's the one that I keep on me virtually all the time. It's by far the most useful format and tint that I've ever had in a light.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight H51Fc -just an outstanding utility light, working with it clipped to the brim of my cap I forget it's there, I forget I'm using a flashlight.
Now I've lent it out to a disabled but very independent friend and I'm remembering why I wanted two of them.

Chidwack

Enlightened
Fenix TK41. It's extremely versatile. Does lots of things good and uses AA NiMh batteries.

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
That is tough, SC51W or Surefire Titan T1A... i am going with the T1A if i had to choose, but i use the SC51W all the time.

Lucciola

Enlightened
Surefire E1b Backup.

I always thought about Surefire as overpriced technical dinosaurs. Last September I thought "well, what the heck, I'll just give it a try".

Man was I wrong. What a splendid light! I have carried it in my right front pocket every day since I bought it in September. Although I also like the 4sevens neutral lights I bought in 2011 I have to admit that the E1b is my best buy 2011 - if not my best buy ever!

Lucciola

swan

Banned
Zebralight sc600 750lm-problem now is all the new offerings seem ordinary although i do like that new swm t20cs.

Glock27

Enlightened
ZebraLight SC60w. The perfect EDC IMHO. I have an SC600w & H600w, but an SC60 always rides in my left front pocket..even when swimming. I liked it so much, I bought 3 spares.

G27

Burgess

Flashaholic
Gotta' agree with so many before me . . . .

ZebraLight H51 headlamp !

I got the Fw version (flood & warm)

And i REALLY love it, after performing the official B0wser strap modification !

:thumbsup:

lovecpf