Is the Arc-AA going to be a regular item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a first and a second. I am not sure which is which. I can tell you that I am more than pleased with these lights. I think the fact that there will be battery compatability with so many items that backpackers often carry, that this light will be a big winner. I just hope this become a regular offer. Oh, it turns on and off easily with one hand. Peter, you did a great job with this one, but you do a great job with everything I have seen so far. This light is a winner.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well we begged him to make an Arc AA, he did it, and it seems like a smashing success. Do think we should also beg him to make a red one for us backpackers?

paulr

Flashaholic
One thing I'd really like is a slip-on front filter (or better yet, thread the bezel) with a pair of crossed polarizers so you can adjust the brightness. Yeah, that wastes power and isn't suitable for a Luxeon, but the Arc AA is so battery stingy that it's ok to throw away some of the output.

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't remember ever being against production, I just said I felt unlikely to buy one myself (and I still haven't bought one) given my current (hopefully temporary) semi-poverty. It does look like a real nice light, even better than I expected, and it's now on my "I'd like one someday" list. But that list is rather long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

The crossed polarizer brightness adjustment was something I thought of a couple nights ago for my CMG Infinity but the Arc could use it too. There are times when I want a light with about 1/100th to 1/10th the brightness of the Arc.

As for red LED: pocketlights.com is selling some Arc AAA's with red LED's. That, I'm somewhat tempted by. I have a red CMG Infinity which is a little bit large for the very occasional use I'd make of it, and a red Photon II which is handy, but is just a coin cell light.

I also hope the tail stand makes it to the Arc AAA (I think I've mentioned that before). I'd almost certainly buy another AAA if that happened. I'd probably keep my old one as a backup rather than sell it on BST.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Got my 2 "firsts" and a second- beats me which is which /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif (These things are huge. May have to bore one for a pair of CR2s- hmmmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have red AAA Arcs already. On true backbacking, battery compatability is a plus. Almost all the stuff I would take uses AA's, in fact all the other items I would take use AA's so a red AA would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.