It's a flashlight! It's a phone charger! It's a flashlight ANNND a phone charger!

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
article and pics here.
Before you fault to concept, understand that it's not a flashlight that can also charge phones; it's a charger than can also serve as an emergency flashlight.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've EDC'd emergency phone chargers for few years.... I like the ones that use rechargeable AAs, like this iGo for smartphones. With AA's I can get multiple charges by taking more batts, if off-grid camping for example, and I can always use spare AAs in a number of other portable electronic devices I carry, not to mention my flashlight. Doesn't really have a flashlight, though, unless you count the blue LED indicator as a moonlight flashlight (which I find actually quite useful).

For even more power, enough to charge an iPad, or anything else USB powered, including being a reasonably decent portable solar/USB AA charger, I'd recommend the Goal Zero Guide 10 Plus .... this one even has a dedicated "flashlight" function. Single junk LED, I'd guess around 5-10 lumens, but what the heck... Not really impressed by G-0's solar panels though.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
While not a new concept(travel charger w/ light) it does have a better LED than the Tumi Mobile Power Pack that I have had for about 5 years. The Tumi(luggage company) unit has a 5mm white LED while not that bright, gets an incredibly long runtime from its rechageable Lith-ion batteries(never tested runtime). On a single charge, it will recharge my Iphone and my Jawbone 6-7 times each.
Don't know if they are still available and it was quite spendy at $130 but this was 5 years ago and its made by Tumi! I think I have gotten my moneys worth by now and it still gets used daily!

MikeAusC

Enlightened
For $20 this one gives you a choice of White or UV LED from a 2400mAh battery with Capacity Meter display - google dealextreme sku.73078

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
$79.99......
I can get a aluminium rectangular box, 18650*2, USB output and 2*XPG-R5 + TIR for $25 below
Quality and assembled, mass-production, non-custom made