Underwater kinetics eLED 4AA mod

sniper

Enlightened
Oh flashlight Gurus, I would seek a boon from thee.

I hear this little voice in my head that says modify...modify...but, I am not a real techy guy. I solder pretty good, and can follow directions, if they are clear and specific, but numbers make my head hurt! So, I stick with drop-in stuff, whenever possible.

My UK light was the first "good" light I purchased some years ago. It has given good service, and runs a long time, but, in The True Spirit Of Never Leaving Well-Enough Alone, I would like it a bit brighter.

I looked at the selection of drop-in units offered by Discount Extreme, and I am confused. The UK light module, which seems to contain a heat sink, has an emitter that appears to be an upside down triangle...is that a Lambertian?

Anyhow, the dimensions of my light's module are height: 1.105 in., width of bezel: .95 in.

The Cree drop-in modules seem like they will fit, but the width dimensions are just a hair larger...26.5mm, which may require some filing/sanding for a real fit in the head.

Now: I think going from the present emitter configuration to a regular LED in the drop-in will not change anything because that should have been taken care of by the module's design. Am I right?

With 4 AAs powering the light, I'd need a module that can operate on 6 volts, right?

Some of the modules offered are multi-function. I,m not really entranced by that, just off/on/full/half power does me fine. But, would multiple functions work with the simple on/off switch on my UK? Or is that all taken care of by the module?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a module that will fit, or maybe another source for mod parts?

Thanks for any help you can give.