Check out the new SL weapon lights

victory

Enlightened
Clearly, the HL models are designed for use on rifles (more throw) as they are not going to fit into any sort of holster. The problem is, the TLR-1 switch is terrible on rifles. snags on gear. accidental activation is way too easy. You're much better off with a tubular light with a momentary-only tailcap in a ring mount.

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
I know what you mean victory. I havent seen the tape switch yet, not a fan of them anyway, but maybe that would be a better way to operate it on a long gun. I too prefer a tail cap but man they look cool.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out that BIG reflector on the TLR-1 HP, it looks like a MINI MaxaBeam for your AR/AK!!!

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great. Way to update the lineup, good job Streamlight. If I didn't already have a DBS mounted on my AR I would love this new thrower.

victory

Enlightened
I know what you mean victory. I havent seen the tape switch yet, not a fan of them anyway, but maybe that would be a better way to operate it on a long gun. I too prefer a tail cap but man they look cool.

Tape switches have the same problems: too easy to inadvertently activate, gets hung up on gear.

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless they've updated a few things, the throwers are like pencil beams. No spill.

I guess I'm just not much of a Streamlight fan. Their still using P4's and blue tints.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their still using P4's and blue tints.

That is not true in part. Yes, they use cool white tints(which suck) like everyone else. However, I just bought a Waypoint a month or two ago and it has a Cree XR-E in it with 210 lumens ANSI. That means it is probably a R2 bin. Also, they have at least one light in there lineup with a XM-L or SST-50 as it is 600 lumens ANSI off of 2xCR123.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out that BIG reflector on the TLR-1 HP, it looks like a MINI MaxaBeam for your AR/AK!!!

At first I thought it was ridiculously oversized, but if it throws for 3-400 meters, it might be great for someone who needs a far reaching light on their carbine.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first I thought it was ridiculously oversized, but if it throws for 3-400 meters, it might be great for someone who needs a far reaching light on their carbine.

You need good throw for nighttime coyote hunting. The spill would be very bright on this, just like all the LED throwers on CPF.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone picked up one of these? Any reviews/beamshots/impressions?

Latest posts