• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (SOLD) For sale: Brass Custom 1x18350 XML EDC-size Light

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened
Up for sale is a custom brass light I just finished up making recently. Pics are below, I will try to get some better ones up soon.

Emitter is XML T5 neutral, surface mounted to heatsink for max heat transfer

Optic is Carclo narrow optic which gives good flood with nice even round hotspot (border of flood is square shaped), optic can be changed for different beam profiles

Brass construction throughout including heatsink

Powered by 18350 (IMR or li-ion) or RCR123 cells, must be 3.7V cells for proper driver function

Driver is 2.8 amp max 3-mode with memory, custom moonlight mode added or substituted for low available upon request

Tailswitch is McClicky (of course)

Black tailswitch boot shown, GID or orange available

Lanyard holes and/or trit vial installation available upon request

Light is 3.75" long and ~1" max diameter

Acme ("square") threads used for tailcap for durability, and o-ring construction throughout for water resistance (not designed to be immersed)

I built this light to see how it would look in brass, and I really like the result. The light is heavy compared to aluminum or titanium, but has a great feel in the hand. I polished it up for the pictures but I can easily brush the finish to give a matte look if desired.

Price: $300 including shipping in US; international shipping is an additional $15

paypal address: jirish(at)med.wayne.edu (I will take care of paypal fees)

Please let me know if you have any questions

-Jon

Brass_18350_front.jpg

Brass_18350_XML_side.jpg

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For sale: Brass Custom 1x18350 XML EDC-size Light

nice - can you please tell me the weight of the torch. I would like to commit but need to work out as compared to my current Ti EDC. The pictures dont show the colour very well - in fact it looks like silver..

thanks

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

Weight is 203g with AW IMR 18350 battery.

I apologize for the poor color rendition in the photo, as I said I will try to take some better photos tonight and get them up. The high polish also reflects more light, which makes photos of brass sometimes look silver. Anyway, it is solid brass alloy and has the color of any of the brass flashlights on CPF taken with better photographic skill than I posess. It will take on a more yellow patina with time, although it can always be brought to the finish shown with some brasso polish and a cloth.

-Jon

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

Thanks. I will get some pics up with an E1E and a battery in a few minutes. And yes, I have a U2 bin XML I can install no problem.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I liked brass this would be mine. I already have one in Titanium, and if this was TI it would be mine. It is super bright for such a small package, carries just as good as a lion cub.

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

SPF to mohanjude, thanks.

Below are some extra pics of the light. The one on the bottom is with a flash so the hue of the brass looks a little different. At least now it looks like brass.

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

Payment received light will ship out Monday. Thanks again!

Beautiful work, Norcimbus, and thank you for taking the time to post additional pics. Looks like it would be a great EDC. Would love to see the Ti version. :thumbsup: