AAA Zebralight?

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
Random thought but am I the only one interested to see what zebralight could do with a single AAA battery flashlight?

dougw

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight seems to have BIG problems supplying the lights they supposedly have already developed never mind developing even more! I want or at least wanted a Q50 and a H502 but now am not so sure. I don't think much of a company that tantalizes the marketplace with all kinds of promises and then fails to deliver - even if they ultimately end up with an acceptable product but way late.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight seems to have BIG problems supplying the lights they supposedly have already developed never mind developing even more! I want or at least wanted a Q50 and a H502 but now am not so sure. I don't think much of a company that tantalizes the marketplace with all kinds of promises and then fails to deliver - even if they ultimately end up with an acceptable product but way late.

I love the inside knowledge you have on Zebralight,please tell us all why they are failing to get product to the market place.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The $39 Xmas special light was imo supposed to drop on or before Black Friday to take advantage of the Christmas holiday. Not only was this light pushed back but there is not a tentative date in 2012 for this light now. Maybe Xmas 2012 instead of 2011?

The Q50 supposed to be out in 11/11 and now there is no tentative date for it in 2012.

Not insider knowledge, but common knowledge for people on CPF and looking at ZLs own spreadsheet.

I love the inside knowledge you have on Zebralight,please tell us all why they are failing to get product to the market place.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally have no interest in a AAA ZL, but they're a very small company and I don't fault them for being ambitious. Unless one of us has personal, first hand knowledge of what it takes to get a new high end light from drawing board to market, as well as intimate knowledge of what's going on at any flashlight company, it's not right to be ragging on them for wanting to do something and not being able to get it to market when they hoped they would. How do we know it's their fault anyway? How do we know that their manufacturers didn't screw up on them, or other things beyond their control have happened?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd personally love one. Considering I really like the iTP H01 despite all it's faults, the ZL would correct most of those problems right off the bat. The H01 Silicone rubber holder grabs too much and I just think the Zebralight holders are the best bar none. Also the H01 was dreadful on a AAA Duraloop NiMH where I know even if they took the H51/31 circuit or the newer (yet to be released) H302/H502, I'd bet the Zebralight AAA would be revolutionary.

mrlysle

Enlightened
With the output and runtime they achieve with a AA, I'm betting a AAA model would be an awesome EDC! They seem to have circuit efficiency down pat, and as everyone who's owned a few ZL's can attest, they always manage to make improvements to new offerings, with a few exceptions. LOL. I loved the pocket clips and was a little disappointed when the dropped that design with the SC600, but hey, I figure one of these days, they'll come out with a model that I feel is perfect in EVERY way. Yes, I'd grab a AAA ZL right away! :)

henry1960

Enlightened
I'd personally love one. Considering I really like the iTP H01 despite all it's faults, the ZL would correct most of those problems right off the bat. The H01 Silicone rubber holder grabs too much and I just think the Zebralight holders are the best bar none. Also the H01 was dreadful on a AAA Duraloop NiMH where I know even if they took the H51/31 circuit or the newer (yet to be released) H302/H502, I'd bet the Zebralight AAA would be revolutionary.

Totally Agree!! Wish They Would Come Out With A AAA Light....MayBe Some Day....

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
And as far as zebralight pushing dates back more... I remember a saying "good things come to those who wait". And if they can take an AA battery and push 200 lumens out of it, or a 18650 for 750 lumens, I'm willing to wait for whatever they have planned next (it just gives me more time to save up for it)

g.p.

Enlightened
I would love to have one for my ID lanyard at work (mechanic) and one for my keychain. :thumbsup:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry everybody, I guess I must be responsible for all the delays with Zebralight's current models. I wrote them a couple of months ago and requested that they consider making a 2xAAA penlight with an XM-L, electronic touch switch on the end, and the same great UI they have on their other lights.

I assume they've begun concentrating all there efforts towards making this exquisite masterpiece, and so have fallen behind on their other lights.

My bad :devil:.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The $39 Xmas special light was imo supposed to drop on or before Black Friday to take advantage of the Christmas holiday. Not only was this light pushed back but there is not a tentative date in 2012 for this light now. Maybe Xmas 2012 instead of 2011?

The Q50 supposed to be out in 11/11 and now there is no tentative date for it in 2012.

Not insider knowledge, but common knowledge for people on CPF and looking at ZLs own spreadsheet.

Yes I know it is common knowledge but why?

I personally have no interest in a AAA ZL, but they're a very small company and I don't fault them for being ambitious. Unless one of us has personal, first hand knowledge of what it takes to get a new high end light from drawing board to market, as well as intimate knowledge of what's going on at any flashlight company, it's not right to be ragging on them for wanting to do something and not being able to get it to market when they hoped they would. How do we know it's their fault anyway? How do we know that their manufacturers didn't screw up on them, or other things beyond their control have happened?

Spoken with real thought well done.

Sorry everybody, I guess I must be responsible for all the delays with Zebralight's current models. I wrote them a couple of months ago and requested that they consider making a 2xAAA penlight with an XM-L, electronic touch switch on the end, and the same great UI they have on their other lights.

I assume they've begun concentrating all there efforts towards making this exquisite masterpiece, and so have fallen behind on their other lights.

My bad :devil:.

lol what a cracking answer.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Yes I know it is common knowledge but why?

I vaguely remember reading some responses by ZL that implied they were flat-out making SC600's (trying to keep up with unexpectedly high demand) and had no spare production capacity for any of the new models. Now the Chinese New Year will be slowing things down even more.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I was dreaming of a AAA based ZL just the other day. If they got the switch right then it would be a real winner IMHO.

specimen

Newly Enlightened
I feel happy with SC-51 both size and beam.
I do not interest in AAA because SC-51 can do the good job for small light.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vaguely remember reading some responses by ZL that implied they were flat-out making SC600's (trying to keep up with unexpectedly high demand) and had no spare production capacity for any of the new models. Now the Chinese New Year will be slowing things down even more.

Good to see in todays poor climate that they are not rushing out to hire new staff but sticking to there business model.

budynabuick

Enlightened
And as far as zebralight pushing dates back more... I remember a saying "good things come to those who wait". And if they can take an AA battery and push 200 lumens out of it, or a 18650 for 750 lumens, I'm willing to wait for whatever they have planned next (it just gives me more time to save up for it)

LOL Yes i also need more time to save up as well after this past year of purchasing 8 lights. But I have fallen in love with the AAA (heck, i even like the twisty now) format and i would be very interested in seeing a AAA ZL.

Keith, who never thought he would EVER like AAA or twisty