Pelican M6 Lithium Mod

lucky8926

Newly Enlightened
I have a stock Pelican M6 Lithium that I would like to upgrade to LED. I'm new to modding so please excuse my ignorance. I have done quite a few searches but can't discern if the mods are simple "drop ins" or if they require re-wiring. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well thats a blast from the past. McGizmo used to make some custom modules for the M6 before I joined the forum, maybe around '04 and I have one that I bought second hand.
Buying a completed assembled Module would be a "drop-in" actually screw-in. There have been a few versions of the M6 over the years. The new ones have numbers on the side.
Mine just says Pelican M6 Lithium and works with the drop-in module.

The module is a complete replacement for the screw in bulb holder. There are still some for sale on dat2zip's website the Sandwich Shoppe
You'd need the module an LED, and Driver circuit, wire, Arctic alumina Adhesive, And soldering skills to put it together
You may find someone willing to sell an old one or someone could assemble it for you, but the price of parts will be more than a new current LED light.
Its about $60 for the parts

lucky8926

Newly Enlightened
Yeah i've had my M6 for quite a while and have just used it as is until recently when the bulb went out. With all the LED flashlights available I hoped there was a simple drop/screw in upgrade much like my regular ol 5D Mag light with a simple pop in new LED bulb. I guess i'll just buy a new bulb for it or possibly check out a new LED one... Thanks for the info!!!