Which are proven light-clipped-to-baseball-cap solutions?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

obviously you cant clip a Fenix LD20 to the brim of a cap although the pocket clip (which can be purchased separately!) is sturdy, provides enough space to host the thickness of the brim and, clipped to a pocket, would allow the torch to be carried bezel up. so good solutions require:

• the clip provides enough clipping space (vertical height!) to host the thickness of a cap
  • the clip is sturdy enough
  • the torch is short enough to be placed on the cap platform
  • the torch is clipped tight and doesnt move or swivel easily
  • the torch's head doesnt stick out or extend too far beyond the cap's edge
  • the torch's center of mass is well placed around the middle or back of the cap platform
  • the torch's total weight is acceptable for cap carry

so for everyone's information please let's list which torch and which "pocket clip" you've been using successfully as proven light-clipped-to-baseball-cap solution, thanks for sharing!! :wave:

Btw, kids tend to laugh
hahaha.gif
when they see us with a cap and clipped torch..

Last edited:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to put my Arc AAA on my hat quite often. Not exactly a high-output solution, but pretty handy to have around.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My NovaTac 120p modded with a U2 XM-L is an excellent cap fishing light. With the clip mounted on the front of the 120p it makes the light fit all the way back on the bill of the hat.

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1e and the E1L...the E1L is do-able, but is a little front heavy. The E1e, no problem. Clip on both is plenty sturdy. The Pelican VB20 (?) is a nice little clip light as well.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight H51Fc clips underneath my ball cap very nicely.
The only issue I see with it is that the aluminum body is sitting about a half inch from my temple, haven't whacked it into my head with anything yet though.
It's quite convenient to go from pocket to hat bill and back to pocket, the way I've got the clip set the switch is to the center of the bill instead of at the outside, but if the switch sits at the outside then it will be facing up in the pocket, and that's proven to be bad for switching the light on by mistake in pocket.

lightplay22

Enlightened
I still use my HDS EDC clipped on my cap bill very often. I haven't found anything better.

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
As some one else has mentioned as well I use an arc AA clipped to my cap which provides more than enough light for close up use

eg1977

Newly Enlightened
I use a 4Sevens Quark 123 Regular (w/ clip) when walking my dog at night.
6749428715_5c037f22d1_z.jpg

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
holy sh*t! that's great!!
how can i be so uncreative and not think of clipping a light TO THE SIDE OF a baseball cap??

man.

Of course! This should work now even with thin clips (iTP A3) or 2x AA lights (Fenix LD20 maybe?). Great idea, thanks a lot!
This idea has expanded the possibilities now of clipping a torch to a cap. Let's continue to list then.

Thanks for all your contributions. Interesting to see which torches+clip -combos (brands and models) are proven solutions!

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Despite being heavy, my C2 could be kept sturdy on my cap
As well as lotta surefire light such as E-series, E1B, LX2 etc......