Have it narrowed down to these 2 lights PowerTac or Lumapower?

380long

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience with either of these 2 lights...PowerTac Cadet or the Lumapower Incendio V3U? I am looking for a new EDC light and I am thinking of one of these two and would prefer a single CR123 battery powered light.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I'll try to help
I have a couple Incendios and just got a PowerTac (in exchange+for $10 & myThruNight Neutron from BattJunct)

Good points about the PowerTac

Its well built kind reminds me of the way my SurefireE1 E would feel with that LED drop in I have been waiting to use after lamp burns out.

it looks good
it has a clip
it takes RCRs
nice finish

it is BRIGHT, brighter then the Incendio

it has a real lo low as well
memory is nice (wish my Sunawayman L10 did)

The UI takes ALOT of getting used to. I am used to changing modes with one hand . the PowerTac uses a twisty head to change modes. you have to cycle between strobe and other levels to change modes very annoying IMHO. I wasnt gonna return this light if i could help it.

I like MOST LumaPower lights I have owned (except vantage and avenger) trust 2 is a favorite of mine, 2 Connexions, 2 Incendios
If you need a bright tough rcr123 light and dont change modes very often this is a good light

changing modes is a pain with the Powertac yet once you get used to it the light performs nicely.

The incendio is a little smaller. IIRC not all rcrs fit..

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
@tsask, any chance you could check the runtime on max output running an RCR? I'm interested in it but would only be running li-ion.