Now Let's See How The 2nd Crelant 7G5 Does Against The Olight M3X

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
It's showdown time. This will be the 2nd Crelant 7G5 that I have compared to the Olight M3X. No excuses this time. Either it beats the M3X in throw this time or it simply put doesn't. So let's not say you need to try another one. It's put up or shut up time.
Now both were taken on the same manual setting and on the same 9x magnification.

Crelant 7G5 60yds

DSCF1954Small.jpg

Olight M3X 60yds

DSCF1960Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
And I got to say that out of those 2 shots it looks to me that the 7G5 won that one.

Now let's see how they do at about 200yds.

Both of these shots were taken on the nite mode setting at 9x magnification.

Crelant 7G5 200yds

DSCF1964Small.jpg

Olight M3X 200yds

DSCF1968Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I'll give that one to the 7G5 as well. And I sort of went off the last electric pole and the white spot in the middle of it. Don't know what that is but it's lit up more on the 7G5 shot.

Both of these were taken on the nite mode setting on 9x magnification.

Crelant 7G5 350yds

DSCF1972Small.jpg

Olight M3X 350yds

DSCF1978Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Again the M3X wins on that one too. The barn is lit up more on the 7G5 shot. So now we know that the 7G5 can out throw the M3X. This 7G5 was definately better and brighter than the first one I had.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for all your hard work. I agree it looks as if the Crelant 7G5 beats the M3X just. I had a feeling that it could, as it is driven a little harder, uses a U2 XM-L and has a big smooth reflector. This would seem to confirm 2100 results. The UI is better on the M3X, as the strobe is hidden.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Yes. If in doubt, look at the first pole on the last 2 sets of pictures in each. The pole is brighter on the 7G5 shots.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me from the pictures, it is too close to call. The first tree photo, the M3X shows more branches of the tree and the 7G5 has a cooler looking beam showing less detail.
In the other 2 sets of photos, either the hot spots are different sizes or the aim high and low is slightly different between the lights. I was using the phone poles in the second set of photos and the yellow sleeve on the phone pole cable in the third set of photos as a reference. Both lights look like winners. You were there ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS. You give the nod to the Crelant. Where did you get the 7G5 from?

cccpull

Enlightened
I'm with Lou on this, they look pretty close. Although you were there and the camera doesn't always show what you see in person. Now, if the pictures are representative of their output, then I would get the light I like best determined by other features(ie price, size, looks, UI).

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Guys, It is very close. But I let the camera do the talking. And even with my eyes if you throw both beams out at my neighbors pool at around 100yds or so, the hot spot is simply brighter on this 7G5 than it is on the M3X. So I would say it's safe to say that this 7G5 has more lux than the M3X to where my eyes can see it as well as the camera. Like I said look at the first pole in the last 2 sets of pictures. There is no doubt the light hitting it is a brighter light.

I bought the Crelant 7G5 from Hank at International Outdoor.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
But I agree on the first set of pictures on the sycamore tree it is very hard to tell. I looked at the main trunk of the tree in the whiter part at the top fork to base my decision. To my eyes, the 7G5 wins.

duro

Enlightened
To me, it looks like the crelant has a tad more spill, but they seem to throw about the same.

chicken dave

Newly Enlightened
I'm with vinhnguyen54 on this - M3X looks brighter in the first two shots. Last one is a toss-up. It may be a tint issue - 7G5 is definitely cooler. The pics tell me to go with the Olight.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Let's do it this way. The camera don't lie.

These are both taken at the same exact distance with a 1600 shutter speed and F2.8.

Crelant 7G5

DSCF1984Small.jpg

Olight M3X

DSCF1985Small.jpg

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
From what I can see in those pics, the M3X has it. Although by a almost irrelevant amount.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
The hotpsot is brighter on the 7G5. There is no doubt about it. I can see it in person too. I'm 100% positive the camera sees it too.

ergotelis

Enlightened
Guys what you are doing here is really non-sense. They throw almost the same, the variation is within the 7% variance between a T6 and a U2, or even between a good T6 and a bad T6.Even a bit more powerful driver will do the difference. So, is this all you have to look and argue?
I think that if you want wider spill and bigger hotspot, go to M3X.
If you want tighter sidespill and smaller hotspot, go to 7G5.
I won't comment on tint because it is sometimes lottery.
Check prices, threads, build quality, a good dealer that you trust, there are a lot of things to consider other than really few lux, which would never do the difference.