Jetbeam BC40 or Fenix TK35

lloyd.taylor

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I own a jetbeam bc40, and am extremely pleased with it. but as i have the torch bug, am considering getting myself the fenix tk35.

Would i benefit from doing this? is there any main differences in the light output?

I know the user controls are totally different.

Many Thanks

swan

Banned
The jetbeam has a touch more throw [lux] than the fenix with similar lumens. I guess the fenix is smaller, but does step down to a lower level at 25 minutes which some people dont like. In the end you would have two lights that do the same thing-I have the bc40 also and find it to have a good throw\spill combo,very well made and a nice powerful white beam[ not green ].Personally im looking at the new sunwayman t40cs[ and t20cs] , it will certainly out throw the bc40 and has a nice side switch.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Ive owned both. I much prefer the bc40 for its available neutral tint. But the form factor of the tk35 is great, making it much more compact than any of the other 2x18650 lights. If it would be an advantage to you to easily carry a powerful light in your back or jacket pocket, then the tk35 has something to offer you.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
My BC40 with the smooth reflector would out throw the TK35 I had.

Here's a few pictures.

Jetbeam BC40 200yds

DSCF1949Small.jpg

Fenix TK35 200yds

DSCF1901Small.jpg

And here's the BC40 at 350yds.

DSCF1945Small.jpg

Like I said mine has a smooth reflector which is rather odd for most had OP reflector.

DSCF1927Small.jpg

Last edited: