Some beamshot comparisons

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, please be gentle, this is my first time trying this. I was trying to get a good mix of spill and hot spot exposure relative to what it looked like with the naked eye. Overall I'd say they are slightly over exposed, but not hugely so IMO. :)

It's about 13 feet to the green chairs and 52-54 feet to the birch tree.

The Lights I tested are currently the ones I own and have access too. There are as follows:

-EagleTac D25LC2 running 2 x CR123A's, this is my first proper premium flashlight
-Tesco CREE 2 x D cell, this is a budget light that I think is running a CREE XPE
-MagLite 3D running a 180 Lumen rated CREE XPE from The Torch Site and an Ultra clear glass lens
-Mini MagLite (AA) running 2 x Lithium primaries and a TerraLUX MiniStar2 Ex drop in rated at 140 lumens also has a TerraLUX rear clicky switch
-MagLite MagCharger this is the NiCd battery pack, but it is running the 33% brighter later type genuine MagLite bi-pin bulb
-Tesco CREE 2 x AA Lithium primaries. Another budget light
-True Utility MaxiLite TU80 running 3 x AAA Lithium primaries, this ones a little out of its depth here, but it was my first proper LED flashlight gifted to me a good number of years ago. It uses a 21 LED setup, so throw is very limited. That said it works well enough in the house that it's still used frequently.

I've got some new flashlights on the way being a Klarus NT20 and an unbranded CREE powered one, which I think is an SK68. I'll get some beam shots of them up once I've got them.

EagleTacD25LC2343LumensOTFLarge.jpg

TescoCREEDLarge.jpg

MagLite3DCREEXPE180lumenLarge.jpg

MiniMagLiteAAMiniStar2Ex140lumensLarge.jpg

MagChargerstandardLarge.jpg

TescoCREEAALarge.jpg

TrueUtilityMaxiLiteTU80Large.jpg

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
Nice we love beamshots, I like the Eagletac D25LC I've been looking at some of the D series that Eagletac has out and I'm glad to finally see a good beamshot of one. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Howecollc

Enlightened
Beamshots are always appreciated, especially outdoor ones. I had no idea that MiniMag TerraLUX was so impressive.

Vesper

Enlightened
Nice beamshots and nice variety of lights. You should list the lights in plain text in your first post so the search engine can index your lights shown here.
D25LC is pretty impressive...

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice beamshots and nice variety of lights. You should list the lights in plain text in your first post so the search engine can index your lights shown here.
D25LC is pretty impressive...
That's a good idea. I'll do that now.

BVH

Flashaholic
Great shots! Beam shots really MAKE a post. I'm no camera expert so I fiddle with the F-Stop and exposure time until the pic matches as nearly as I can get - what I actually saw. Most of the time, the hotspot comes out well but the pic leaves off the outer limits of the spill. If I increase time, then the hotspot is over exposed.