Yet another hunting flashlight question

junkyspace

Newly Enlightened
I've read a bunch of information on the forums using both search engines (the google one and the normal one). There is a lot of great info here!

Unfortunately, I am in a bit of information overload. Like everyone else, I want to get the best possible for the lowest cost. They wife is not happy with me spending too much money (especially after spending over $1000 on hunting and airgun equipment).

I am looking to mount a red led (not red filter) on my scope for night-time critter small game hunting (and furbearer hunting, like coyote/racoon). I'm trying to strike the balance between throwing power with low spill and battery life.

From what I read, I want to stick to cree led's (even though there seem to be a lot of types). I found this:
http://www.lighthound.com/Solar-Force-LC-1-Red-Drop-In-for-L2-Flashlight-Single-Mode-_p_3968.html

It seems like a lot of lumens for the buck. But I'm not sure where to get an inexpensive housing for it. I'd like to drive it with a rechargeable battery, but the 18xxx battery seems to require a special charger (pila?) that costs a bit much.

As for criteria, I would like to be able to concentrate a small circle at least 50 yards out, and if 100 yards, excellent! Ideally I would be able to put a pressure switch on it, but this is not a necessity.

Am I on the right road or should I just suck it up an spring for an olight m20 red?

Thanks guys and gals!

fyi - this is what I am mounting it on:

img0992vi.jpg