EagleTac mini lights

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I just found these lights and really like them, nice and small but I was confused because EagleTac lists there stats for there XP-G S2 and XM-L U2 D25C models exactly the same, output, runtimes, beam angle and everything which it obviously wrong?

Also did EagleTac ever make a limited high output version of there D25C2 or just the D25C?

bob4apple

Enlightened
It is very common for websites to be chock full of errors, omissions, misprints, etc.
Hopefully they will all get their collective acts together.

(I cannot answer your 2nd question, maybe someone else can.)

Streamer

Enlightened
Also did EagleTac ever make a limited high output version of there D25C2 or just the D25C?[/QUOTE said:
I think maybe you are referring to the D25's using rcr123's in addition to standard CR123's? The titanium versions can use rcr123's for higher output.

Originaly the standard D25's were billed as using rcr's , but then EagTac retracted that billing when users started experiencing malfunctions in there standard D25's.

All now seems OK with the titanium models though.

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I mean did they ever make a titanium D25C2 or one with a higher flux bin? And does anyone know if there stats (255lm 6 degree beam ect) are for the XP-G or XM-L?

Last edited:

jcalvert

Enlightened
I mean did they ever make a titanium D25C2 or one with a higher flux bin? And does anyone know if there stats (255lm 6 degree beam ect) are for the XP-G or XM-L?

First, the D25C2 has not been made in titanium. However, as with the D25A cool, I can vouch for the D25C2 neutral as being a wonderful light.

According to the ET website and a couple ET dealers, the D25C Titanium, both the XPG-S2 & XM-L U2 are listed with 255 ANSI lumens in Turbo using a CR123, with a 6.5 degree center spot beam angle & a 42 degree spill angle. Assuming those figures are for the XPG-S2, then the XM-L U2's ANSI lumens and beam spot & spill angles should be greater. I hope that helps.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
First, the D25C2 has not been made in titanium. However, as with the D25A cool, I can vouch for the D25C2 neutral as being a wonderful light.

According to the ET website and a couple ET dealers, the D25C Titanium, both the XPG-S2 & XM-L U2 are listed with 255 ANSI lumens in Turbo using a CR123, with a 6.5 degree center spot beam angle & a 42 degree spill angle. Assuming those figures are for the XPG-S2, then the XM-L U2's ANSI lumens and beam spot & spill angles should be greater. I hope that helps.
Enough to get one. So you think its most likely the S2? Can you swap the heads from the C to the C2 or is there a driver voltage issue?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast

A 42º spill angle? :huh: Now that's throwy! Is that a different beam profile than the non-Ti versions? Any beamshots? I've been tempted by one of these new ET's for a while, but am not big on twisty UI's. If the Al body versions have a similar beam angle I might be a lot more interested...

jcalvert

Enlightened
A 42º spill angle? :huh: Now that's throwy! Is that a different beam profile than the non-Ti versions? Any beamshots? I've been tempted by one of these new ET's for a while, but am not big on twisty UI's. If the Al body versions have a similar beam angle I might be a lot more interested...

I wouldn't put to much stock into those figures. I retrieved the specs for the D25C-Ti S2 & XM-L as the same 6.5/42 degrees from EagleTac-USA. Further, those same specs are also listed for the D25A Ti S2 & XM-L, as well as the aluminum D25A S2. The alum D25C S2 is then listed @ 4.9/33 degrees. Now if you refer to ET's corporate sales lit for the D-Series, the beam angles are altogether different.

As for my D25C2 neutral, it's a very nice pocket thrower with a fantastic tint. The D25LC2 is marginally larger with even greater throw. Since I personally like having control of a smaller light's UI at my finger tips, I prefer a twisty. I can't offer personal beamshots at this time, however a wall shot and outdoor shots of both cool and neutral are available from the ET sales lit webpage.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't put to much stock into those figures. I retrieved the specs for the D25C-Ti S2 & XM-L as the same 6.5/42 degrees from EagleTac-USA. Further, those same specs are also listed for the D25A Ti S2 & XM-L, as well as the aluminum D25A S2. The alum D25C S2 is then listed @ 4.9/33 degrees. Now if you refer to ET's corporate sales lit for the D-Series, the beam angles are altogether different.

As for my D25C2 neutral, it's a very nice pocket thrower with a fantastic tint. The D25LC2 is marginally larger with even greater throw. Since I personally like having control of a smaller light's UI at my finger tips, I prefer a twisty. I can't offer personal beamshots at this time, however a wall shot and outdoor shots of both cool and neutral are available from the ET sales lit webpage.

Thanks jcalvert! So at least I know they are throwy lights. I guess that's as good as I can hope to know without actually getting one myself!

Latest posts