Blackhawk Gladius

geordienemisis

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the process of acquiring a Blackhawk Gladius and have not come across the name, I know that they make police holsters and stuff but not lights. Could anyone tell me if they are good/bad/indifferent.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Gladius is a discontinued light. It is still very popular with some officers.
It was one of if not the first multi mode LED lights available with a very unique interface that has been copied by the new Thrunite Scorpion.

The Gladius is under powered by today's standards but is classic in terms of being the first of it's type with unique features. I think it is moderately collectible. I like mine very much and wish it had not been discontinued. I am almost tempted to upgrade the light and would like a brighter LED installed.

Jeffa

Newly Enlightened
I have three Gladius' and have been carrying them since sometime around late 2004. I was given one by my boss to T&E when they first came out and have carried it ever since. The Gladius was my first LED flashlight and I really haven't found another light that I like more because of the versatility and one handed use. The new Thrunite Scorpion, which I have purchased is a good replacement because it is much brighter and the new ASP Triad is also very nice (more of a tactical light only one brightness setting) but the Gladius is still my EDC at work.