Quark X 123^2 17670 compatible?

Onthelightside

Enlightened
I was just wondering if replacing the 2 CR123 cells with one 17670 will be ok voltage wise for my Quark 1232​ "X" . I know some will be destroyed when you overdrive them so I wanted to make sure before I did it. Thanks :)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I ran in my Quark 123x2 was a single 17670 when I had it ,snug fit though. I works fine go for it.

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
I was just wondering if replacing the 2 CR123 cells with one 17670 will be ok voltage wise for my Quark 1232​ "X" . I know some will be destroyed when you overdrive them so I wanted to make sure before I did it. Thanks :)

i dont think your going to be even close to overdriving it. the 17670's are 4.2 volt max, and your Quark should be 3.0 to 9.0 volt head.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
  • Powered by: 2 CR123A batteries (included)
  • LED Emitter: Premium Cree XM-L
  • Voltage range: 3.0V ~ 9.0V
  • Dimensions

3,0 to 9.0 means what it says. You can run 1 17670 in there or even 2 rcr123's. With an AW17670 you might have to take the wrapper off. This means the white part, NOT THE BLACK PART. The Black part is a seal that wraps around the metal part of the battery. If you get an AW, which you probably should, they have a white sticker that is affixed to this black wrapper. Run it without fear, it wont hurt the light.

Some quarks run in the .9-3.9 range. These ones are incompatible with li-ion rechargeable batteries and are intended to run 2xAA, or 1 CR123's.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some quarks run in the .9-3.9 range. These ones are incompatible with li-ion rechargeable batteries and are intended to run 2xAA, or 1 CR123's.

Actually The low voltage Quark heads WILL run on a single Li-Ion cell, I do it all the time.

Onthelightside

Enlightened
Ok thanks for your replies. I was pretty sure it would work but I thought I would check and not ruin the new light :eek: I plan on using AW cells and the 4sevens charger. Sorry I posted in the wrong section :sssh:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might effect their longevity no?

Here are the specs of the OP's light pulled from 4sevens.

Description:

The Quark "X" series have received a powerful upgrade - CREE's latest XM-L emitters! The XM-L puts out even more lumens in a wider area, reducing the tunnel-vision effect from a concentrated hotspot.
Features
Power: Two AA Batteries (0.9V~4.2V total)
Output: Maximum - 280 lumens; Moonlight - 0.3 lumens
Runtime: Maximum - 0.8 hours; Moonlight - 15 days
Strobe: Strobe, S.O.S., and Beacon flash modes
Specifications