Quark 1232 body mod

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone tried to bore the quark 1232 body a little wider to accept 18650s

egrep

Enlightened
The limited and no longer available factory 18650 body is known for being a little too thin bodied. That's one reason it's not made anymore. I suspect the same is true for boring but I'll be watching to see what other responses this thread garners.
:popcorn:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
have You ever compared, say, a SF 6P body which can be bored and a Quark body?
:rolleyes:
the outside diameter of the Quark is 20 mm, in general, NOT at where the o-rings sit (where the diameter is even less).

That light is built to be small and light and it perfectly does that.
(just by the way: thats also what the 18650 body does. Its "problem" lies in the incompartible sizes of the remaining part's threads, needing additional threads and by that making it too long and less "safe" in use)

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Outside of the issues with wall thickness, boring a light is not cheap. It doesn't seem worth spending $30-40 on a mod for a $70 light when you could just buy something that's made for 18650s in the first place.

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
Would it be possible/easier to buy an aluminum pipe with the correct thickness and have it threaded at the ends to fit the quark tail and head?

Viper715

Enlightened
That would still be a problem. The thread width to be compatible with a quark are too small to work with 18650's at all. The tube that was designed for 18650's was longer and had a secondary opening that allowed for the 18mm batts but also made the light longer.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I've kinda been waiting for 4Sevens to make a EDC light for 18650. My current EDC is a Quark 123*2 'Tactical' XP-G R5, and I just love the light.

If you want something just a tad bigger that utilizes 18650, then maybe try a Fenix PD31. I have one of these and I'm tempted to make it my 'new' EDC....

-