I Need a New Alcoholic drink

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tired of beer and Jack & Coke. Looking for recommendations for tasty alcoholic drinks. Something that you taste little or no alcohol in, but still strong.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about the "no alcohol" taste, but if you want something that'll nock you on your butt, a real N'awlns Hurricaine.
Mmmmmm...tastes like liquid Jell-o

-Jason

Greta

Flashaholic
Absolut Citron... it's lemon vodka. You drink it straight or mix it with tonic or club soda. Taste like lemonade but not icky sweet. I also like Absolut Mandarin... orange vodka. I like it straight over crushed ice but I've had some tell me that it tastes like paint thinner that way... so I like paint thinner?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif ... anyway... I mixed it with tonic the other night and THAT was good!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Oh... and if you like sweet, then try any of the Bacardi malt beverages... Bacardi Silver, Bacardi O3 (orange), Bacardi Raz (raspberry).

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Long Island Ice Tea... Tastes just like Ice Tea... with a punch!
2) Southern Comfort & Coke - Sweet, similar to bourbons
3) Vodka + mixer - Probably most versatile drink, goes with anything from lemonade to lime to cranberry juice
4) Midori (if they don't have it, use a Melon Liquer) + Mabliu & Pineapple juice w dash of cream - almost a Pina colada
5) (*My personal favourite*) Frangelico (hazelnut liquer) + dash of lemon juice

I'll try and think of more as and when it comes to me... been a while... And no, I'm not an alcoholic. I'm not as think as you drunk I am!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You could always try a 007.
One part vodka, one part orange juice, one part 7-up.
Make it in a large glass (like a "pounder" often used for beer).
It might be a bit sweet, but it'll {vulgar term for intercourse} you up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the long island iced tea.There is a brandy from the Asia region called Acadame the spelling might be incorrect but the pronunciation is ahkadama the As are all soft. It is a plum liquor. It tastes similar to prune juice and it will plain kick your tail. It is served ice cold and there is no indication it is 110 proof till you attempt to stand up to get the third one. I my self like the Brave Bull it is equal parts tequila and Kaluaha over ice

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I forgot the "Swamp monster." 1st time I ever saw my wife get drunk she was less that 1/3 the way through this thing.

I "third" the LI iced tea. I never had one, but this was the 2nd time I saw her get drunk. It was at a military ball and the drinks were definetly NOT watered down.

-Jason

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Flying Tiger (at least the way I learned it):

1 oz Vodka, 1 oz Gin, 1 oz Tequila, 1 oz white wine, 1 oz Triple Sec, 1 oz Light Rum, a little orange juice and a splash of grenadine...(seems like I've left something out?) Split this into two glasses over ice.

Anyway, it sounds potent (yes it is!), but it tastes "tropical"...I wouldn't think you would want to drink too many because it's sweet, but powerful.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
There is a new flavor malt beverage by Smirnoff? It is Green Apple and goes down like Koolade. Have to be careful, has no alcohol taste at all.
oldgrandpajack

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
How could I forget this... This is a great party trick, but kids don't try this at home!!

If you ever get a chance to see a bottle of 'Galliano's Sambucca' (its a tall and slim bottle, and the liquor comes in different colours, Sambucca is Clear) in a bar somewhere, order a shot. With a friend (that you trust completely) get him/her to light up a match, while you pour the shot and hold it in your mouth. Tip your head back, open your mouth (keep your tongue down) and friend quickly inserts match in mouth. It'll light up in your mouth, and extinguish itself as soon as you close your mouth. It doesn't burn (so far so good) and just sorta feels like warm liquor in your mouth. Goes down the throat easier too... Give it a go!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
I've tired of beer.

[/ QUOTE ]
You seriously need to go somewhere that has good beer. Can't get tired of good beer. At least *I* can't.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:
When its that particular season of year, does cough syrup work? I always questioned its alcohol content.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think something is put in cough syrup, in the states, that will make you sick to your stomach, if you drink too much. It was done to prevent abuse.
oldgrandpajack

hula

Newly Enlightened
Can you get imported beers where you are? I recommend trying a few. I'm curious about the definition of American beer as I've tried Budweiser, Michelob etc and wonder if these are truly representive of that definition. If I was to say ask for beer over here I'd end up with a different type of drink to say a Bud. However if I ordered a Lager I'd end up with a drink similar in nature to that of a Bud etc..
Some of these Lager types drinks are particularly nice and made its seems to to suit different drinking situations. If for example you just want to get drunk fast albeit whilst still drinking nice lager something like Stella Artois or Kronenburg 1664 will hit you pretty hard.
Lighter but still almost as potent might be Becks, Sol, Nastro Azzuro.. the choice goes on and is pretty bewildering.
Under my definition of beer/bitter or ale there's an equally bewildering choice. Many have strange names like Hobgoblin, Tanglefoot, Waggledance etc they often come from small breweries who perfect there own drinks. If you can get em your in for a wobbly tasting time.
If you like these types of ales you might like to try Pelforth Brune which is a French beer and probably one of the best beers I've ever tasted!
On the spirit side Brandy sour is quite nice - you won't taste the alcohol and like many of these type of drinks thats the beauty - or the danger!

Hula.