Got my aspherical head for my DBS - holy crap!

tpcollins

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to Mr Tone I ordered the Aspherical head and EZ900 pill for my Dereelight DBS V2 from Jay at the Flashlight Connection. Now this is a serious thrower! I always thought my DBS was great to begin will but this looks like a spotlight at the county fair. I think I could point it at some kindling and start a fire with the beam.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Now this is a serious thrower! I always thought my DBS was great to begin will but this looks like a spotlight at the county fair. I think I could point it at some kindling and start a fire with the beam.
You got that right :naughty: I've had mine for almost a month and I still can't stop playing with it.

Streak

Enlightened
Thanks to Mr Tone I ordered the Aspherical head and EZ900 pill for my Dereelight DBS V2 from Jay at the Flashlight Connection. Now this is a serious thrower! I always thought my DBS was great to begin will but this looks like a spotlight at the county fair. I think I could point it at some kindling and start a fire with the beam.

OK, so help me out here.
I have been reading all the posts about the ultimate throwers both aspherical and non-aspherical. My concern with the former is that the beam is so tightly focused that I may not enjoy it as much as one with a little more spill. Which version of the DBS V2 have you got and how does it perform? By now having the aspherical head plus EZ900 pill do you have the best of both worlds by alternating between heads?
What are the associated costs?

On the non-aspherical side I have been looking at the Crelant 7G5, Fandyfire STL-V6, Solarforce MPP-1,UniqueFire HS-801, TN11 and a few others.
The lego ability of the Dereelight is appealing though.

Last edited:

varmint

Enlightened
Well Streak kind of my thoughts there also, I am getting another tailcap and body tube and assemble my left over parts into another Derrelight with my other head.
On the non-aspherical side you really should look at the TN11, you will be blown away by its performance.

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am glad it is working out for you. I am actually jealous because I don't have the EZ900 pill. That is on my "to buy" list! I plan to buy a seperate body/tailcap so I can have my reflector DBS and then my aspheric DBS, too. Right now I just go with the aspheric because it is my best LED thrower and that is saying a lot.

Streak

Enlightened
Well Streak kind of my thoughts there also, I am getting another tailcap and body tube and assemble my left over parts into another Derrelight with my other head.
On the non-aspherical side you really should look at the TN11, you will be blown away by its performance.
Thanks for your input. With all the Deree options it can be quite confusing.
I added the TN11 to the list but it's quite a lot more expensive than the others.

varmint

Enlightened
Streak its worth the extra and worth the wait TN11, on the DL just contact Jay at Flashlight Connection and tell him what you are thinking he will guide you through it.

Flashlight Enthusiast

why do I freaking log into CPF anyway ?....from this thread I bought yet another flashlight. damn you, damn you all to hell :D

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like aspheric throwers. I'm not really looking to buy any more lights for a while but this is the only one that currently interests me.

For those of your with this DBS with aspherical head who also have had other aspherics before how does this beam compare. I know it throws but I'm referring to the rings that are generally associated with aspheric optics. Is it cleaned than most or about the same?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
why do I freaking log into CPF anyway ?....from this thread I bought yet another flashlight. damn you, damn you all to hell :D

We all feel your pain! There is no hope for us. Maybe someone will invent a flashlight addiction antidote.

Noobiwan

Newly Enlightened
Outer Galactic Rim Of The Coruscant Star System
We all feel your pain! There is no hope for us. Maybe someone will invent a flashlight addiction antidote.

It had better be a potent antidote. I don't see an end to this sickness!

I bought the aspherical head when it first came out. I was amazed by its throw. But like everything else, you get used to it and you want more! I feel the only antidote to end this madness is to go all the way to the DEFT and call it a day. Is there another cure?