Firefly?

lightning

Newly Enlightened
What's the "Firefly"? I've seen a few pictures, but I can't figure out where to purchase it or what it is exactly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. It looks like competition for the ARC lights. Can someone point me in the right direction? Specs, price, etc?

Thanks

lightning

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. It is certainly a long read. Does firefly have a website?

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Website for Firefly? This is it, well the thread you were referred to, to be exact. Maybe further down the road, Doug might consider making them available commercially, but until then...

The Firefly is a VERY VERY LIMITED edition flashlight that was made based on a design by another CPFer, Tvdrod (did I get the name right?) and Doug (Dspeck) took up the challenge to manufacture it for CPFers who made up the demand. Doubt there's any left now for purchase, but keep an eye out in the B/S/T threads in the near future, you might get lucky!!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
lightning, I also have one of the rare lights that inspired to firefly. It is a great light. But is build by a craftsman rather than a full blown manufacturer. They were paid for before construction to provide material so there would be no need for a website. I am hoping that there will be another run of these with some variations on the theme. The original is fantastic, this should be as well. The homebuilders have many times done work far better than other manufacturers. There are only two manufacturers that I think make lights as good as our craftsman on this site do. In my opinion, if you want a good light, you have three choices, SureFire, ARC, or the Modmen of the CPF. Fortunately for us, they make different lights from each other giving us nice variety for different purposes.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard, Lightning! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

JonSidneyB is right on target. Keep surfing the CPF, and you`ll soon have flashlights that are both works of art and at the cutting edge of the industry.

Two other truisms:

1)You won`t find a group of people anywhere else on the internet that are nicer, more civil, and more helpful than the members of the CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

2) Your wallet will now forever be a lot lighter than you care to have it, because you`re always going to find that "one more light" that you just have to have! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Best wishes to you...
And may God have mercy on your soul.
(You`ll soon understand that last comment.)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif