FourSevens XM18

kj2

Flashaholic
Just saw the video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX6XmGL5O-w&feature=g-u-u&context=G2278729FUAAAAAAAAAA

And on the website; http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297&products_id=2845

n48ap3.jpg

Cost; $2,400.00

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got to play with one at the booth.
definitely a specialty item. Really needs a vehicle mount.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
They need an XM-6 with just the inner row for smaller size and less coin. That version (in neutral of course) would replace camp lanterns in a lot of CPFer camp sites. String it up from a tree or tent...

Vernon

Enlightened
Seems way too impractical for a guy like me. I wonder who might actually use it, for real? Maybe military? Search and rescue?

If there's someone out there who owns it or plans to own it, I'd love to hear your perspective.

romteb

Enlightened
Seems way too impractical for a guy like me. I wonder who might actually use it, for real? Maybe military? Search and rescue?

I understand that it's not watertight, i wonder if that could be a deal killer for most military, SAR, and law enforcement.

shane45_1911

Enlightened
I understand that it's not watertight, i wonder if that could be a deal killer for most military, SAR, and law enforcement.

Of course it would be.

And that cost is ridiculous for 18 x XM-L's. Just because you have a bunch of them close together doesn't make them worth ~5 times their combined price...

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
They are on sale for $2,300...so, better hurry before they're all snapped up!

:D

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to be able to afford one, but at this price I'll have to settle for a couple dozen flashlights. It would be just for fun anyways, as will the next 24 flashlights be, but more lights to have fun with...

drsgbriggs

Newly Enlightened
I would like to be able to afford one, but at this price I'll have to settle for a couple dozen flashlights. It would be just for fun anyways, as will the next 24 flashlights be, but more lights to have fun with...

For me, the 2000 lumen Tiny Monsters are excellent and great for general camping. I have an Olight X6 on order for dog walking on winter nights in Canada.

herosemblem

Enlightened
Interesting. My camping experience has been that the only lights I ever actually use are the sub50lumen lights. Anything brighter than that either blinds me, my camping party, or other campers across the way. This saddens me because I don't get to play with my toys that i hope would finally get some outdoor use.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a promising edc or headlamp mod project. Great camping light: you could see into other people's tents. The brightness would be useful for slowing the mob, trying to toss you out of the park. Also, I bet the firefly mode kicks butt.

I dream of this light; but, the brightness wakes me up.

But seriously, they should have a diffuser and low lumen spec. A bit out my price range as by the time it paid for itself, key chain lights will be producing 15,000 lumens.... A built in inverter and car jumper option would be nice. A crank charger, would whip the worst of us into shape.