How important is you light to you?

TheExpert

Newly Enlightened
I had to go pick up my girlfriend from work today and her car had died, so I had to run quick to get her cause she gets nervous at night thinking she will get caped or kidnapped. So I start out my driveway ( which is very long 1000ft) and realized I forgot my phone, ehhh whatever kept going. Then realized I forgot my HDS. I then turned right around without hesitation. This says a lot to me about my mindset of preparedness Phone- oh well Light- U-turn

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Car's broken, it's dark, a cel phone and flashlight are possible life-saving pieces of equipment. I carry several lights in the car and add more if i know I'm on a rescue mission. Cell phone stays with my car. The Expert did the right thing. He responded with the appropriate hardware. Other activities can come later! lol

TheExpert

Newly Enlightened
Well I guess I should have stated I have another two larger flashlight in the car, but I like the hds. I also had my Desert Warrior with me, zt o300 and 0100. Should the need arise (hopefully never). Two spare aw batteries, $300 cash tucked away just in case, paracord bracelet. So I guess I was prepared enough to pick her up from the mall in one of the calmest towns I know. Think small northern town in pa farms etc. The other protection equipment would not be required at that time, she was lets say upset I turned around for my light!

varmint

Enlightened
I have gone back in the house several times to retrieve my EDC light that I left behind, I never leave home or go out with out it (2) and my Glock32.

HIDblue

Enlightened
I had to go pick up my girlfriend from work today and her car had died, so I had to run quick to get her cause she gets nervous at night thinking she will get caped or kidnapped. So I start out my driveway ( which is very long 1000ft) and realized I forgot my phone, ehhh whatever kept going. Then realized I forgot my HDS. I then turned right around without hesitation. This says a lot to me about my mindset of preparedness Phone- oh well Light- U-turn

Might be a good idea to throw a light in your girlfriend's car for the next break down. I'm not saying put your HDS in there, but something you wouldn't mind losing and is easy enough for a non-flashaholic to operate...i.e. simple UI.

TheExpert

Newly Enlightened
Might be a good idea to throw a light in your girlfriend's car for the next break down. I'm not saying put your HDS in there, but something you wouldn't mind losing and is easy enough for a non-flashaholic to operate...i.e. simple UI.

She has a flashlight of her own I got for her on her purse, def wouldn't let her take my HDS. Means to much to me practically and flashoholically.

itguy07

Newly Enlightened
I agree with some of the others - I've got some of the el-cheapo Home Depot 3aaa lights in each of the cars for Just In Case situations. They live in the console or glovebox and put out a great deal of light - around 150 lumens, a nice tight spot and would be good for whatever you need in a pinch.

I'd also say the phone is a must. For safety (calling 911, etc) or at least to call her to figure out where exactly she is. Or to call AAA or someone to come get the car.

Last edited:

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
Well I guess I should have stated I have another two larger flashlight in the car, but I like the hds. I also had my Desert Warrior with me, zt o300 and 0100. Should the need arise (hopefully never). Two spare aw batteries, $300 cash tucked away just in case, paracord bracelet. So I guess I was prepared enough to pick her up from the mall in one of the calmest towns I know. Think small northern town in pa farms etc. The other protection equipment would not be required at that time, she was lets say upset I turned around for my light!

This whole time I thought she was stranded on the side of some desolate road hahaha but she's just at the mall. I love it!

Usually I over pack my rescue kit, like when I go to fix a PC & I bring 10 USB keys with the same thing hahaha

4tified

Newly Enlightened
I bring my Fenix LD20 with me wherever I go and leave some incandecent flashlights in the glovebox of both vehicles. Once you end up in enough situations were light is imperative to survival, it's one of the first things on my checklist (2nd to a cell phone).

davyro

Enlightened
I would have went back as well,just last night my wife's car battery decided it didn't like the very cold weather,there wasn't very good street lighting where the car was.This is when my EDC light came
into it's own.I had a HDS Rotary with me so i could adjust the light to whatever was needed for the task of getting her moving.The thing is my kids were waiting to be picked up from a party with friends
so there would have been mass panic if i didn't get things sorted out.Basically if i didn't have my HDS there would have been no happy ending.It's times like last night that make me realise my money
was well spent on a very good reliable light.:)