• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired XML maglite 1000lumen 3 modes UPDATED WITH BEAMSHOTS

DKlaser

Enlightened
I have built a few of these maglites for a few guys at work and one of them just stiffed me for the whole thing. He told me to get it together for him and he would pay and when it came time he couldn't. So I have one of these lights that is pretty much exactly like the jayrob build. This has the exact same parts as his lights form the driver to the emitter and the cells. This light should be pushing 1000 lumen on high mode and will run for over 3 hours on that setting. From personal expierience with my personal light built just like this one it has no trouble lighting up an entire 2 story house at 100 yards. This is a great light for a awesome balance of light vs. run time. On the low mode it will run for near 2 days.

here are the specs.....

-Brand new 2D maglite in black

-3a, 3 mode driver

-XML T6 emitter mounted on a 14mm round board (BIN 1D)

-pair of 32650, 5500mah protected cells

-brand new ultrafire charger

-custom switch and tail cap mods.

-custom heatsink for emitter machined by me.

-UCL replacement glass lens

-reflector mod

Asking $150 + shipping

Here are pics of my work and what you will be getting.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BEAMSHOTS taken this morning with my Iphone4s

control shot...

picture.php

Neighbors garage door exactly 75' away

picture.php

Neighbors house down the street exactly 100 yards away.

picture.php

This is a maglite and th efocus is adjustable to a spot or flood beam.... These pics were taken with it focused to a spot beam.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XML maglite 1000lumen 3 modes

nice, very clean mod. what driver did you use?? where do i get it?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have sent this thread to a photographer friend who is looking for exactly this. I think he'll contact you. If not, good luck with a nice light on sale!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't hold it for my buddy, he might not check email this week. If not, his loss! (IN other words, don't hold it on his account, sell when you can).

DKlaser

Enlightened
Don't hold it for my buddy, he might not check email this week. If not, his loss! (IN other words, don't hold it on his account, sell when you can).

No prob. Let me know if he needs one as I have enough parts to build a few more.