Newbie Techno Jargon---What

JLJ

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I'm pretty new here. I'm all the time seeing stuff like below that I have no idea about.

Quote from a bke light thread!
"I used a frame mounted LED light and a helmet mounted one as well. I ride a recumbent so the frame mount thing makes sense It is a 2D Maglight with a high grade LED taking the place of the bulb. A regulator pushes the LED to around 3 watts and when coupled with the Mag reflector, throws a narrow beam that is good for 20 MPH.
For the helmet, I use a "pill" from the Sandwich Shoppe that motivates a high ranking Luxeon LED to around 1.65 watts. The new optics should be in pretty soon to make it perfect. Those parts are put in a 2AA Brinkmann Legend that is mounted to my helmet." End quote

Is there a primer on this technical stuff or should I enroll in an electrical engineering program? Help!

JLJ

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the acronyms above the banner ad they will give you some definitions and just keep visiting and reading. Most unclear nomenclature will clear up with reading what people are trying to do to imrove their lights. I too am somewhat new here too but the longer I am here the more I learn. I have always felt that if I don't learn something new every day it was a wasted day. OH Welcome to the Candle Power Forums where our unofficial(for now) mottos are Buy Both of them and Paypal sent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, JLJ !

Check out the "Acronyms" list, courtesy of The LED Museum here:

Acronyms

It's a start. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll pick it up.

BC

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
JLJ
Welcome to CPF
Here is a start. A pill from The Sandwich Shoppe is a one watt luxeon drop in mod for a 2AA flashlight(a MiniMag or a Brinkman Legend).
Pill = sandwich = Drop in 2AA Flashlight Modules
here is a link to the Sandwich Shoppe
http://anlighten.com/shop/default.php
I hope this helps. There is a lot to read & learn. Enjoy!!!