Novatac 120E color confusion

mcdj

Newly Enlightened
Greetings.

I took delivery today of one of my first lights (very new to this!). It's a lovely Novatac 120E. It was listed as "pewter" finish. I Googled the light considerably before buying and got several disparate images of it in pewter. Some were grayish. Some were a golden/greenish/brown. The one I received was this golden/greenish/brown. It's an interesting color, but not really my cup of tea. I was really hoping to get a dark gray finish.

So I started researching again and have seen many listed as "gun metal" finish. But again, many images of the "gunmetal" finish appear online as gray, and many appear as golden/greenish/brownish. In fact, some of the lights listed as gunmetal have the part number 120E-PT, which seems to me is an abbreviation for pewter. But I can't find a single reference to 120E-GM, which by this logic, would be the gunmetal version.

All in all, I'm wondering if there is even such a thing as a gray gunmetal version, and if all those described as gunmetal or pewter aren't in fact the same finish.

I've collected 2 samples of the light found online, and added my own 3rd "pewter" (courtesy Photoshop) version for comparison.

Does anyone happen to actually own a GRAY 120E? Or has anyone seen one first hand? Is there even such a thing? Is the gray perhaps reserved for the 120P or 120T?

I'm totally baffled.

novacolors.jpg

*EDIT* Just found this pic here on CPF of a 120P in the color I really want...anyone know if the 120E comes this way?

CR-120P.jpg

Last edited:

purelite

Enlightened
I dont think those models are made anymore. That looks like the first ones which were a nice HA color and still made to a high standard of quality and they ran about $100 if I remember. I had one or two and wish I had kept them now

I think Novatac was sold or something and then they came out with new models like the Storm. Same light but low quality and from what I have read crap. You can get those for as low as $30 now if you want something thats gonna give you headaches in short order.

380long

Newly Enlightened
Mine looks like the pewter finish...have not used this light in years. It is a good light but sad that this company cheaped out!