Help Assembling a Specific Surefire Lego

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi all!
A guy in another forum is dreaming about his perfect rifle light. it is:

One cell
Cylindrical (though he would compromise for a E-series head diamteter)
Momentary Switch (ala Z41)

if I am not mistaken a Z52, Z53, Z54 switch will be the medicine if he can combine it with E-series body and LED replacement head.

But will a Z52 fit in the M300A Scout light?

What other lego combinations are possible?

And the hot question...are there any Z52 around ( I knwo they are discontinued), or are they a RARE occurance in the marketplace too?

TNX, Kostas

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...this will be tough, but, it can be done. To get it "matching", he will have to go HA, since a black E-Series twisty is almost non-existent. But, here's my take on a 1-Cell E-series weaponlight (other than the M300).

Body: E1e/L-HA Body (Clip Removed)
Tail Cap: Z52-HA
Engine: L1-Head (It'll come on high first, since the resisitor is in the tail-cap (note, only some L1 heads will work).
Mount: M78 .8" Mount

The best option would be (for pure functionality): 1-Cell E-Body (E1e/E1L/E1B) (HA-BK), E1B Head, Z52. It won't match color wise, but, if he gets a black head (E1B) and Black Tail Cap (It would still be a clicky), the M78 will cover up the HA body.

The second set-up mentioned would give him a 1-Cell 110 Lumen, light weight compact weapon life, and would be about half the cost of an M300. If he went with the M300, the Z52 would work, but like I said, I've never seen, or heard, of a black one, and if there are any out there, I'm sure they would be a pretty penny. Or he could just mount a black E1B on the M78 and remove the clip.

I would just go with a black clicky...the clicky can be operated as a momentary, just don't push till it clicks.

Hope this helps.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
AOW thank you for your quick pesponse.....

The clicky is out of question. he is a hard core shooter and wants a "dead-man's swicth" he wouldn't mind a color mismatch

E1B head? isn't this 2 stage controlled by the head??

L1-Head? for what output?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1B is two stage...there are no one stage stock SF LED's...the E1B head comes on high first, with like a 2-second delay..so, as long as it's 2-seconds between "activations", he'll get 110 every-time. The TW4 mentioned in skillet will work, but, the high out-put is only about 15-20 minutes at 60-65 lumens, IIRC???

With that being said, he could try to get an M300 head...other than that, he might have to buy a custom head?

Wait...just thought of something...Malkoff M30 in a standard black bezel + LU60 Adapter + A21 + Z44 (Basically a homemade 3P) mounted with the M79 1" mount; Decent output, runtime, quality, and, it'll match. A little wider than the E-series, but, it'll be the easiest build by far, with-out having to try to source a bunch of odd pieces here and there...I'll build one real quick and put a pic up.

Last edited:

Viper715

Enlightened
Check out Viking Tactics. They've worked with Surefire and have produced almost exactly what you would want. They have a single stage black E head but uses a clicky Z68. The thing is you would have to source a twisty momentary. You would have no problem selling the Z68.

It's called the Vtac L4 Mini. It's basically a single stage E1B and Z68. They even sell it in a package with a weapon mount that accommodates the E1B clip.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
But why just 1 cell for a rifle light? Just go with the Elzetta in 2x123.

If for some obscure reason insist on the 1 cell, I'd agree to go the 3P route, standard bezel, and any one of the compatible SF tailcaps will then work. I have a Leef 3P body, which is great, though I agree may be hard to find one out there now.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
But why just 1 cell for a rifle light? Just go with the Elzetta in 2x123.

If for some obscure reason insist on the 1 cell, I'd agree to go the 3P route, standard bezel, and any one of the compatible SF tailcaps will then work. I have a Leef 3P body, which is great, though I agree may be hard to find one out there now.

Being in Europe, they much more prefer (or maybe it's a "social" thing) sub-machine guns, over the AR platform. If I had an Uzi, I'd prefer an M300 over an M600...that's just me though...

Anyway, at the OP, here's pic's of the "3P" weapon light I was able to concoct, as well as the "E1B" version...:

Here's the assembled "3P" and E1B lego's next to a C2 for size comparison:

photo31.jpg

From another angle:

photo4.jpg

And here's some di-sected shots:

photo21.jpg