How do you carry your flashlight?

Raven

Enlightened
Please don't say with your hands )

I'm ordering an Infinity Ultra tomorrow, and I've already decided not to put it on my key chain. The reason for this is because I want to be able to point the light towards me "while I use my keys". That's just not possible if the light is on my key chain.

Since I carry my wallet in my front left pocket (more secure by far), that means I have to put knife, infinity, and keychain all in one pocket. Now this is horrible for a number of reasons. One, It's a huge pain to dig one thing out of my pocket, because everything gets entangled. Two, that's a lot of weight to be carrying on one side of my pants, and three, everything gets scratched up.

I'll probably resort to carrying my keys in a shirt pocket, which is barely tolerable, but that still leaves me with an Infinity and a knife clanging together inside my pants, which is going to scratch them up.

Oh, did I mention my cell phone.

So I'm curious - how you guys manage to carry

keys
flashlight
pocket knife
cell phone
wallet
spare change (I use a coin purse for this)

in an organized manner.

Raven

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do I?

wallet and spare change - back pocket
cell phone and flashlights - on belt via holster
keys - front left
I don't have a pocket knife.

Your solution - a retractable badge holder on your belt...

Saaby

Flashaholic
First of all--I wear cargo pants 80% or more of the time...

Keys in front left. They are on a torsion/wire gate clip like the Berkeleypoint SS clip that I got at a hardware store for $1. It's not as nice as a BP clip but it works for now until I can upgrade. The keys are on a chain w/glowring (Another BP ripoff) and then I have the made-in-china multitool and whistle and a few other little things all on individual split rings which attach to the SS clip so I can easily take off just what I need.

The only pocket knife I carry is the cheap lmultitook.

Wallet goes into a cargo pocket. I actually avoid wallet when possible.

Spare change goes wherever...I pay in whole dollars and collect the change in a bank, every now and then I go turn it into bills.

Cell phone sometimes goes in cargo pocket (opposite wallet) but more often into right front.

Now, the million dollar answer:

I always carry my Arc AAA and USUALLY carry my Arc LS in 2AA config. The LS goes in right front pocket, sometimes sharing it with cell phone. The Arc AAA is attached, with a small split ring, to a Berkeleypoint SS Clip. This clip is attached to my belt loop just left of the button on my pants. It's a great spot IIHO, the best spot in fact. I can get to it in about 2 seconds with either hand and re-attach (literally) in a snap.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a 5/8 inch split ring and a carabiner. The carabiner is aluminum (Walmart has them), and the light hangs from that. The biner is clipped to my left front belt loop. When I need to use my light (usually Arc LS), I remove the biner and light from belt loop.

The split ring is the type used for key rings, not the paper clip type wire. It is a bit tough to get onto the Infinity/Ultra.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I ordinarily carry two; one for sustained, up close work - the Invova X5, and one for instantaneous, short duration bursts - the ASP Taclite. I carry them so that I have immediate access. The LED in that left, rear trouser pocket and the incandescent one in the left front.

Each is carried in the pocket along with other items that help them stay vertical. This position assists when I access them and helps to keep the lines of my clothing from breaking.

SFR

Newly Enlightened
Left Back Pocket - empty

LFP - keyring (3 keys, green glowring, Leatherman Micra) and a small satin rosary case (rosary, Arc AAA, St. Padre Pio medal, St. Benedict medal, $20 bill folded into a small Ziploc baggy)

RFP - Arc LS123 attached to a blue glowring, white handkerchief, and loose change

RBP - tri-fold wallet (credit card, bank card, driver's license, building keycard, bus pass, health insurance card, blood bank card, St. Jude prayer card, cash) and comb

On my belt is my cell phone and pager.

nihraguk

Enlightened
i usually wear 5-pocket jeans, so:

wallet - left rear pocket
handphone - right front pocket
arc AAA - right front "watch" pocket"
keys - left front pocket
M2 - clipped on the inside of my left front pocket. pocket is deep enough so the keys don't touch the M2.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
keys W/ photon II = cliped to belt loop.
Wallet + pocket knife = right front pocket
change = left rear pocket
ARC LS = left front pocket
cell phone = cliped to right front pocket
ALT cell phone = left front pocket If carrying ARC in jacket pocket

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
right belt loop, keys on swivel/clip
lfp, e2e, spare change & cell
rfp, knife & .38
rrp, wallet

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
rfp...Kel-Tec .32 in Uncle Mikes pocket holster

lfp...keys with detachable Arc AAA on little chain attached to keyring and Victorinox Midnite Manager II on keyring; UKE2AAA sometimes...Spyderco police model sometimes (yes it's all scratched up from the keys)

rrp...wallet, comb

lrp...handkerchief

watch pocket...change...UKE2AAA sometimes...Arc AAA sometimes

belt...cellphone in holster on left side

JimM

Newly Enlightened
Mission wallet from bladeart.com. It holds my ARC AAA, Fisher bullet pen, and a small knife the size of a swiss army knife, as well as a phone calling card and some meds.
Jim

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Belt holstered - to the left, Surefire Classic 9N. To the right, E2e. ALso a Gerber multitool and a big yellow tape-measure but those are not important right now.

Pockets - front right, Mini-UnmentionableLite with Opalec Newbeam fitted. Back left, Arc LS (old 1st gen. factory second with CR123 flat battery pack).

On an enormous wadge of keys and stuff carried often in the front left pocket (is that 103 keys in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me
tongue.gif
)- early Arc AAA (white, that`s almost worn smooth!), mangled green CMG Infinity, turquoise Photon 2.

And now and then, the odd one I`m testing out - hand-held, but usually just on my weekly walk to the beer shop and back, then stored on the windowsill awaiting further abuse, er, testing.

grin.gif

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my keys separated by catagories [ie-work home, car,etc] on separate keyrings. All rings hang on a carabiner. MY Arc is on a ring too and easily removed from the carabiner when needed. This also allows me to carry additional lights via keyring and carabiner if needed.
Cell on a holster on belt, wallet in left back, knife in right back. carabiner hangs on a belt loop, or tucked into waist band, or in crago pocket, or remove just the ones I need.

Hey Stingray,
My .32 Kel is either in a pocket or IWB. Depends on dress code between the Kel, a NAA .22mag, .38 snub, or a .25 Berretta. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Light on keychain, there's 2 in one. Also spare change and wallet can go together. Cell phone holder on belt - or in pocket. Swiss card in wallet could do for your pocket knife, or alternatively combined on keychain.

pal251

Newly Enlightened
Here is a list of all I carry then.

At work, glock 22/holster handcuff case baton OC spray 2 magazines. When I get to work I take that off and put on my OTHER duty belt. Radio holder, pepper spray, handcuffs, scorpion with nylon case. Latex glove case.

Off duty

Glock 27. No extra G27 is in a uncle mikes owb holder on strong right side. Keys in left front pocket and wallet is in back rear pocket with a badge holder on my belt in front of gun holster.
I dont carry a light off duty but I will once I get a sidearmor light holder/mag holder and a new belt.
I also want to get a iwb holster for my gun but thats gonna have to wait.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an older large thread about this.

Non work EDC:

Right front pocket: keys with Infinity Ultra on a clip clipped to the top of the pocket so the keys and Ultra does not touch the bottom of the pocket (was getting the bottom of the keys pocket ripped too often), chapstic, small plastic container with mints.

Left front pocket: Treo 90, loose change

Right rear pocket: Wallet

On belt: Nextel i1000 cell phone in plastic holster

Work EDC: same as above plus

On belt: cellphone goes in a Niteize holster for better security, and on other side I am currently using a "Unity" holster from New Sun to hold - Treo 90, toll transponder on inside, outside web pocket - Infinity Ultra, Leatherman Juice S2, inner web pocket - pen, sharpie, E2

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa man this threads almost 9 years old...... I carry mine in my right pocket.
Yep, I had a giggle when I saw it.:D.....answering anyway.

@ WORK
ON KEYS: Nitecore EZ CR2w
LEFT FRONT POCKET: usually RA Clicky high cri
IN AKJ CONCEALCO HOLSTER: Solarforce L2P w/ Nailbender "linger special high cri"
AROUND NECK: Zebralight H501w

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my everyday carry routine.

keys - D-ring carabiner, on belt loop, right side
flashlight - in clip-on Ripoffs belt holster, left hip (Z2 or 6P)
pocket knife - inside front right pocket, Doug Ritter Mini-RSK
cell phone - rotating belt clip, right hip, iPhone 3GS in Switcheasy case, clip
wallet - rear right pocket
spare change (I use a coin purse for this) - never carry, goes right in tip jars
Wilkey

Last edited: