• Fenix

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other brand

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Nite Ize:
http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/sm_uploaded_files/product_images/2108.1.jpg

Klarus:
http://www.klaruslightusa.com/images/Headband/klarus headband (1).jpg

Nitecore:
http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/images/nitecore/nitecore-headband-hb02.gif

Any of you guys have been happy with either of these models ?
If you could give us your feedback on these brands that would be great !

Thanks

You need to host these images on an image hosting site ImageShack or similar.
See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Damn...I forgot Fenix.

Is there a Mod that can update my poll adding Fenix ?

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

GaAslamp

Enlightened
I've not had personal experience with the Fenix headband, but in my view it should be the best choice out of the group for standard flashlights (as long as they can fit the narrow adjustment range of the mounts) that are used at close range, where the vertical angle adjustment would come in handy. Its main disadvantages are cost and bulk in comparison to simpler headbands.

I own and have experience with using the Nite Ize headband, which I think works great specifically with ZebraLight headlamps (or any other right-angle flashlight), since you can adjust their vertical angle simply by rotating them in the elastic loop (and they'd be horizontally centered). The loop is really durable and stable for what it is, as is the headband, which is not elastic but stays put very well when adjusted properly (running with it is not a problem). When used with regular flashlights, it's limited for up-close use because the holder is fixed, although it works OK for viewing things at a distance. Its other advantages are that it takes a fairly wide range of compact flashlights, including inline AAAs in the smaller inner loop (there are two elastic loops, one inside the other), and it's dirt-cheap despite being made in the USA. A potential disadvantage is that there is no cushioning between the holder and one's head, which some people have said causes discomfort from the flashlight body protruding inward, while others don't feel any discomfort whatsoever (I'm part of the latter group). In my opinion, every ZebraLight headlamp owner should get one because it's way better than the pitiful headband that ZebraLight provides. :shakehead

As for the Klarus headband, I've neither seen it in action nor heard much feedback about it, but it looks like it has some of the same characteristics as the Nite Ize headband. The main difference is that it's an elastic headband, so while I have no real way of knowing, I suspect that it would not be as stable without a top strap.

And as for the NITECORE headband, it looks like a bulkier but probably more stable version of the Klarus headband, and has three elastic holders (for comparison the Fenix headband has two rotating plastic holders). I guess you could adjust the vertical angle of the top flashlight by moving it back and forth (and it would be horizontally centered), but it would be nice to get some firsthand feedback on how well this works in practice.

Last edited:

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Hi GaAslamp,

That's quite an impressive feedback ! In my opinion , the Fenix is a bit bulky, and I thought the Nitecore would possibly be the most versatile :whistle:

DM51

Flashaholic
I forgot Fenix.

Is there a Mod that can update my poll adding Fenix ?
Done :)

Unfortunately, the two votes that had been cast for "Other brand" were lost in the edit. Maybe the members who posted those could vote again, as appropriate.

Onthelightside

Enlightened
The key to the fenix headband is to not set it up they way fenix shows. The best way is to just use the main headband and light mount, no battery pack and no over the head band. This is a very versatile setup because you have that positive detent to adjust where the light points. The only problem is the strap adjustment can come loose over time.

GaAslamp

Enlightened
In my opinion , the Fenix is a bit bulky, and I thought the Nitecore would possibly be the most versatile :whistle:

It may well be, especially if it can accommodate a wider variety of flashlights (the Fenix headband only takes 18-22 mm body diameters). You only get vertical angle adjustment (without moving the entire headband) on one, but it's horizontally centered and is probably all that most people would need for up-close tasks. Plus it has a reflective strip on the back, which is a nice touch. :) My only question is how well it actually works in practice, particularly in regard to stability.

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
Well i will chime in here as a Nitecore head band user. the main reason i like it ( holds alot of weight) that i usually go into the woods on skiing, snowshoeing, hiking on a daily basis. i put two lights in the holders and carry a two pack of Cr123a in the other slot. you can adjust the top strap far back or forward as you see fit. i can do it with bulky gloves and once adjusted it will stay there. its good for heavy light but the top holder will let a heavy (18650 AA quark ) flop around unless you tighten the top strap correctly. in practice the top light i have at about 30 feet, the left side at about 50ft. that way i can scan the woods just by slightly tilting my head up, or not have a dark trek going up hill. plus i have a hand held light for those times i feel i need to check out what is coming up. the top band is the only one with two loops, unless you take it apart and replace loops you will only be able to (in my opinion) use lighter lights on the sides.

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Great Jrubin !

So you would recommand the Nitecore ? The central band is the most confortable ?

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
Not necessarily, I only have the nitecore and zebra bands. But for my use this headband works best.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you fix the incorrect band routing on the Fenix Headband, it is non-slip.

I have a Zebralight, and I would like something better than the silicone holder. It is acceptable for indoor tasks, but vibrates too much for outdoors usage. I am thinking Nite Ize, maybe Klarus, but that Nitecore looks unappealing.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore one is very versatile since it can hold multiple lights. The size is unfortunately on the small size, and does not fit well on large head (I don't fit "normal" sized baseball caps, etc.)

Zebralight got the size down for me, but unfortunately it doesn't have the universal holders like the Nitecore.

GaAslamp

Enlightened
I have a Zebralight, and I would like something better than the silicone holder. It is acceptable for indoor tasks, but vibrates too much for outdoors usage. I am thinking Nite Ize,

If you have a ZebraLight headlamp, then the Nite Ize headband is definitely worth considering--it's far more stable and, at least for me, more comfortable. I never mess with the Velcro, by the way--I set it to fit snugly around my head, and just slip it on or off (stays put even while I'm running despite the ease of donning and doffing).

maybe Klarus

I don't know about the Klarus headband personally, but unless the elastic of the headband itself is stiffer than it looks, it may not be that much more stable than the ZebraLight headband--better damped for less high-frequency vibration, for sure, but it still may have low-frequency wobbling due to the headband stretching and twisting.

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
I'm trying to decide between the nitecore and the fenix.
Fenix looks more flexible with the angle adjustment, but my main concern (both for the fenix and nitecore) is.
Can they take an 18650 light?
I use solarforce L2s for everything or L2m and they're 25.3mm wide.
any ideas?

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Nite Ize headband and the threads are coming lose on one side of the velcro and I have not used it very much. I like the Nitecore the best, the Klarus looks good too though.

phosphor

Enlightened
....just ordered the Nitecore after doing some research. Initially I was leaning toward a product called "Jakstrap", recalling some good reviews several years ago. However, the Jakstrap seems to be less available than the products listed in your poll.

33opmkh.jpg

In short, I researched various headbands, and many seemed to agree that the NiteCore was efficient. For $8 shipped I figured I couldn't go wrong...we'll see. At the very least it has to be more stable than my EDC clipped to a ball cap!

- regards

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Ultrafire head band. It is sold individually on the KaidomainDOTcom Chinese website, do a search on < elastic >, $3.54 very inexpensive!

111lea.jpg

it is also sold packaged with some of their headlamp series. I know a bunch of folks who own this headband and are very happy with it.

Me too.
party.gif

Harry999

Enlightened
I've tried all of the headbands with the exception of the Fenix Premium and the Klarus. Personally I've become a fan of the nite ize headband. Decent quality, comfortable and cheap!

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I've purchased the Nitecore headband...works perfectly with my Quark AA2 and CR123 ! Very happy about this headband ! :thumbsup: