Surefire L1 Deep carry, Bezel Down pocket clip. Purists beware!

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm a bezel-down, pocket clip EDC kind of guy. I admit it. If it's not set up that way, it sits on my bookshelf or winds up on BST. I've had a few L1's, and finally found a way for this light to work for me for EDC. Small piece of Kydex in place of the stock clip to support the O-ring, maintaining water resistance. Remove stock lanyard ring, place two O-rings in the ring groove, and PUSH a Zebralight sc80 or sc600 pocketclip into place. These clips are available on ZL's website for $5.95 plus shipping. Solid, grippy, I carried it all day today, in and out of my pocket probably 30 times without moving even a little. Fits in the groove like it was made to go there. Carries nice and deep, and you can tweak the tightness to suit your needs. I don't mind a bit of drag on the body, it's still easy to twist one handed.

P1010993.jpg

P1010996.jpg

P1010997.jpg

P1010999-1.jpg

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire L1 Deep carry, Bezel up pocket clip. Purists beware!

Looks good, but doesn't the knurling kill the lining in your pocket?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the last L1 I had, I put a delrin tail standing shroud on it, which added just enough length to use a long two way Surefire clip and still tail stand. But same basic idea.

Flucero28

Enlightened
That sure is one nice rig too brasso! Carry it with me everyday on duty as a backup.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Point me where can I get a couple of orings in that exact size?

Great setup.

scout24

Flashaholic
Leon- I got mine at Home Depot, I'll get the item number the next time I'm there. They were 9/16 or 1/2 inch, and took a bit of stretch to get on there.

mcstew

Newly Enlightened
scout24- thanks for sharing this mod. i just spent a good half hour in the garage filing down a piece of plastic (no kydex laying around) to copy what you did in that first picture. i had been wanting to take the clip off my l1 for a while. cheers!

scout24

Flashaholic
jh333233- It's a user... I'm not the least bit worried about a few scratches or missing ano... :) If that's the worst thing that my carry lights see, they'll be thrilled.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leon- I got mine at Home Depot, I'll get the item number the next time I'm there. They were 9/16 or 1/2 inch, and took a bit of stretch to get on there.

Great I'd appreciate that if you think about it. I assume o-rings vary in diameter as well as thickness, the item number would make it real easy.

In the meantime anyone have tips on how to remove the lanyard ring? Preferably without destroying it.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great I'd appreciate that if you think about it. I assume o-rings vary in diameter as well as thickness, the item number would make it real easy.

In the meantime anyone have tips on how to remove the lanyard ring? Preferably without destroying it.

Too late. Destroyed it.

But o-rings are now in its place.