• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Flashlights with Nailbender XMLs

rudy16

Newly Enlightened
I have a few custom Flashlights for sale: They are custom made out of Alumininm coated in Cerakote and bored for 18650s. They are using Nailbenders XMLs.

Nailbender custom lights led module.
•Cree XM-L
•T6 flux 1C tint
•2.8 - 6 vol

Click-On Momentary Switch

Choice of a 3 level regulated drive or Single level regulated Drive
Colors available: Black, FDE Tan, OD green

Approx runtime using a Sanyo 18650 blue top (rechargeable)
• High -600 Lumen- 60 min runtime
• Medium 40% output - 240 Lumens - 3.75 hrs
• Low 10% output - 60 Lumens - 24 hrs

also works with 2 cr123
$199 plust Shipping

lighton.jpg

lighton2.jpg

closeup1.jpg

handholding.jpg

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice lights! Will they accommodate any D26 drop-in? What's the click switch mechanism? Can a McClicky or FETie be swapped?

Wilkey

rudy16

Newly Enlightened
I built these around Nailbenders modules bc of the quality of his products and he was good deal with and answered a lot of my question. I can not speak for the others bc I have not had the capital to try out other modules. I am assuming they will if all the physical dimensions are the same. They will not accomdate McClickys at this time I am working on that. The switch mechanism is a click switch soldered to a circuit, no spring.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I built these around Nailbenders modules bc of the quality of his products and he was good deal with and answered a lot of my question. I can not speak for the others bc I have not had the capital to try out other modules. I am assuming they will if all the physical dimensions are the same. They will not accomdate McClickys at this time I am working on that. The switch mechanism is a click switch soldered to a circuit, no spring.
Very impressive. Thank you for answering my questions.
Wilkey

Sippycup

Newly Enlightened
will 185.00 include postage, do u accept paypal, how many have been produced? i'm interested in a black one with the 3 level drive....thanks for your time, sir

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I had not just blown a stupid amount of money on a stupid amount of electronics to build a stupidly powerful light of my own....I would definitely be buying one in white.

:awman:

rudy16

Newly Enlightened
Package deal 2 Sanyo blue top 18650s, 1 light, and a charger for $205. These are brand new.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi Rudy

PayPal sent for one flashlight the color of the one in the bottom picture that you're holding in your hand. Looking forward to getting this as it is a great looking flashlight.

Thanks

Dave

Here's a quick update on this light.

I received mine on Monday 2/06/2012. Two days shipping (from Nebraska to Ohio).

Light is built like a tank (remember the Fenix T1?) Just as solid. Light is about the same size and has a similar hand feel as a Surefire 6P.

Color temperature in mine is about 6000K (estimated using my Mark One, Mod One eyeball, after comparing it to several other lights of known temp). Tint is pure white. No green or other off-colors in the tint; no chromatic abberation at the periphery of the spill beam, no annoying artifacts whatsoever. Just a dazzlingly clear wall of pure white light.

Speaking of wall of light, you've heard of a room sweeper? This one is an auditorium sweeper. My light arrived in the afternoon mail. I often work nights, so after sundown I went into my building's auditorium. It seats 100. From the stage, the medium setting illuminated the back rows clearly. When I engaged the high-beam (an apt analogy), the whole auditorium lit up.

Reverse clicky switch is almost completely silent in operation. Just enough of a soft metallic click for you to hear it, but almost nobody else will. Light memorizes the last mode used.

The Cerakote finish on mine is well done. No blemishes at all. All of the light's surfaces have been nicely finished; no burrs; no too-sharp cuts in the metal. The ribbed body and head provide a good, solid grip.

I'm very happy with this light so far. I look forward to giving it a workout over the next few weeks.

rudy16

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Dave, I am glad you are happy with it. If you have any problems let me know enjoy it. Thanks for the write up.

Nailbender its on the way. Thanks as well.

rudy16

Newly Enlightened
Here is a crappy beam shot at night without a flash. Distance is about 55 ft away.
photobucket-4552-1327029194938.jpg

Nailbender XML

vs.

photobucket-5385-1327029180443.jpg

Well known 180 lumen flashlight.