Who likes the new FourSevens?

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Just got an email from them informing us of their brand redesign. Looks like they have modified their lineup slightly. Seems as though they have condensed and simplified. I think the new logo is kind of cool looking. I had mentioned before in another thread how I thought they were trying to go mass market. Wasn't saying it in a negative light really was just commenting. Looks like this is a big first step!

www.foursevens.com

brianbucar

Newly Enlightened
i like the new logo.

a friend of mine has a Quark 123 turbo X neutral light and another has a quark 123 tactical and they are nice lights.

i just wish they had more 18650 offerings or still made a quark 123 18650 tube.

Brian

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you compared the pricing? I've seen reports of massive price hikes on the new site...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the same prices to me.

Anyway, I like the new brand image.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the new branding, but many of the details on the site are washed out by the font/color choices.

I was also hoping for something truly new from them at this point....

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of days ago, I saw a cool new light on their new site which I'd like to buy... it has disappeared now that the site is being de-bugged, but I'm hoping it's real and will be introduced shortly :sssh:.

aaronu

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a fanboy of Four Sevens or any other company. But I do like their lights. I have a ReVO SS, a Quark X Tactical AA^2 and just now picked up a Preon P0. (The jury is still out on the P0 but the ReVO and Quark are great.)

As far as I'm concerned, 4Sevens/FOURSEVENS makes good products and seem to be a good company operated by good people. As long as that remains the case, I don't care much about their marketing strategy. Actually, I take that back. If the new direction helps them appeal to a larger market segment, they stand a better chance of surviving and thriving in a tough economy and I am all for it.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Like the logo, prices are the same, and I like there site I can look at al there lights with out opening so many tabs

ragweed

Enlightened
I really don't see the average guy going for Foursevens products. I have a Revo I love but, the average guy probably never heard of Foursevens!! At work only 3 guys out of 50 even carry lights! I am constantly asked to borrow mine.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
am I the only one who's worried they won't offer the LEGO-able parts like switches, bodies, etc. on the new site design? I hope it's something they're planning on putting onto the new site, because I sincerely hope they don't stop offering those spare parts :/

egrep

Enlightened
Looks like 47s is getting a lot of attention both desired and otherwise. It's going to be a busy year for them with higher than expected expenses. Hopefully revenue will increase too. I think the new logo is clever and I figure that concept drove the name change rather than the oter way around. I wonder.

Quality and support are challenges for any business. Off loading the store is win win. I'm expecting exciting new things. The whistles are fun. The pen is a trifle overpriced I think though and maybe riding on the brand. I'd have to experience one in person to say for sure.

Bring on the goodness!

ico

Enlightened
I like the most of it but I what don't like/prefer is the new naming David is planning to do. I think each light will be labeled a 3 or 4 letter indicating the size, battery type and number. like the Mini AA will be called MA1? M stands for mini, A for alkaline, and 1 for the number of cell it uses. The mini CR123 is ML1 for: mini, lithium, and 1. I'm not exactly sure but it goes like that based on the shot show interviews with David

aimxplode

Enlightened
I like the most of it but I what don't like/prefer is the new naming David is planning to do. I think each light will be labeled a 3 or 4 letter indicating the size, battery type and number. like the Mini AA will be called MA1? M stands for mini, A for alkaline, and 1 for the number of cell it uses. The mini CR123 is ML1 for: mini, lithium, and 1. I'm not exactly sure but it goes like that based on the shot show interviews with David

Yeah, I think the new naming scheme is more confusing than the original.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
If any of you guys saw the nutnfancy Youtube about foursevens he kind of drilled them about focusing too much on branding and not on the product itself.
Have they fixed the preflash issue on their lights yet? Then i might get one.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
If any of you guys saw the nutnfancy Youtube about foursevens he kind of drilled them about focusing too much on branding and not on the product itself.
Have they fixed the preflash issue on their lights yet? Then i might get one.

I've been saying this for a while. Fix preflash. If you want to market lights as tactical, having an explosion of 230 lumens of light, no matter how brief, is as anti-tactical as you can imagine. Fix it "foursevens".

I do like the lights on the page though. Looks like they spent some money in the photography department. They look nice. Good high quality pics that are zoomable. The page where you click on the lights, say click on the "Pro" models, and then it shows 5 or 6 of them, that page still needs some work. They look a bit unorganized and off balanced.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
the new 4 sevens site has saved me $50 (unfortunately):shakehead
I was about to order a preon 2 AA yellow body, blue head and switch, apparently the new site no longer sells this :-(((

Last edited:

Latest posts