WOW factor part 2

varmint

Enlightened
I went to the Mesquite Texas gun,knife and sporting show today, they constant push the cheap China lights to those who dont know better. Last month or so I took my Thrunite TN11 to try on their target which was about 50 yds and glows bright when hit by light, they had nothing that could compare to the TN11. Today I took my Derrelight ASP lens with fresh batteries. They had an advertised 1400 lumen 'thrower' they said. A Hot Fire brand. He lit up the target and said beat that, I turned on the Derrelight and you could not even see his light at all!! He was astounded to say the least, a customer said "that thing would burn paint off the wall" and asked if I would sell it, being a Christmas gift that I really am proud of I could never sell it but gave him the info to get one.
All he sells is the cheap China lights and some brands that you have never heard of some of which are close to $100 US. Some did not work when the tried to demo them.
There was a light for sale there, A Gatlight or lookalike phoney of one for $100, the screws holding it together did not look right, just a cheap look, but the rest of it looked ok. There was no writing anywhere on it. I sure did not need to buy anything else!
Its an odd thing that 2 yrs ago I would have looked his lights and after finding this forum I would not give them 2nd notice as to buy one. The family that sells the China lights are very nice to talk to and said they just cant put the inventory out needed to sell the quality lights and that very few of their customers probably would spend that much money on them.
Larry

Last edited:

drotr

Newly Enlightened
Oh, that is too funny. I live in the area and I believe I have seen who you are talking about it. I have some friends that have bought some stuff from him and just brag and brag about it. I too have a TN-11 but have never had the heart to whip it out and show them up, not really my style, but I do laugh inside and shake my head. I am glad you showed the old fella what a REAL light was supposed to do.:naughty:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a bad salesman.
If I was selling a HotFire brand I would test every light BEFORE I take it to the show.
I would do that with any brand including SureFire.