Anyone swapped emitters in an E21?

sawlight

Enlightened
I wanted the neutral version but couldn't find one and jumped on the standard. But I'm becoming a snob, I like my warm/high CRI lights too much to put up with the cool blue anymore! I looked for a replacement for it, but I can't find anything I like so I'm looking into changing the LED out with something of a high CRI.
Anyone done something like this to one? Whats involved in getting it apart? LED recommendations? Any and all help and ideas is appreciated!
Thanks!

sawlight

Enlightened
Well thanks a ton for the help so far! Got the head apart, lots and lots of blue loctite! Took me twenty min to scrap it all off the threads, really lots!
A 20mm board will fit with some grinding, but a 10mm will work nicely! Now I just have to wait for Illumination supply to get some more high CRI XP-G's on boards! I don't trust myself with reflowing yet.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well thanks a ton for the help so far! Got the head apart, lots and lots of blue loctite! Took me twenty min to scrap it all off the threads, really lots!
A 20mm board will fit with some grinding, but a 10mm will work nicely! Now I just have to wait for Illumination supply to get some more high CRI XP-G's on boards! I don't trust myself with reflowing yet.

I sent him an E-mail just the other day and he said it would be a few weeks.

sawlight

Enlightened
Eagletac p100a2 r4 neutral not what your after?

It would have been close looking at the beam shots, but I prefer warms over neutrals.

I guess this project will be on hold for a couple of weeks then! Thanks again.