Anyone compared Surefire M6LT Guardian with Hound-Dog XML ???

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I saw M6LT for rather nice price (not retail)... Considering the fact that I already have Malkoff HoundDog XML, a question just popped into my mind - would it be possible for TIR XML to over-throw reflector'ed but rather concentrated beam of Hound Dog... Which beam in that case would one consider to be more usable ??? Is M6LT even in offer enough for someone to be able to compare them ???

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've asked this exact same question in m3lt/m6lt threads, dedicated thrower threads, malkoff threads etc. & never got a response, so apparently no one has ever compared both. HOpefully we'll get some answers here (edit).

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've also wondered, but as you said, either no one cares to comment or no one has both. It's really hard to even find a review or beamshots of both.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I think part of the reason for the lack of reviews/beamshots is that there are still only a few hundred Hound Dogs in the world. Also, useful beamshots of throwers are much harder to pull off.

I would really love to see a comparison like this, or really any sort of competitive run-down of rare throwers (McGizmo Makai, Hound Dog, the big Peaks).

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I was going to post a question like this last night. I have a M3LT on the way and I was wondering how it would compare to the Hound-Dog. Here's hoping for some good answers!

Latest posts