Solarforce l2 advice needed. What LED?

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to achieve a cheap fix giving me a bright throw. Would i be better using an xm l led with an aspherical lense with a view to utilising the higher lumens and converting it into throw or, stick to an xr e r2 and lense. ?

2miniLITES

Newly Enlightened
The L2 or anything with a p60 style bulb is limited as a thrower with the use of an optic, or aspherical lens. XML will definately have the output but without a larger, deeper reflector you can not achieve the distance. The lesser appreciated (in my opion) XPG-S2 has a higher lux value and will gives me the intensity need for the distance. You may want to look at a D36 head to help as a throw. Lumen Factory offers a mini turbo head and "Thrower" module but is only about 250 lumen.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Cree XR-E with an asperic lens will offer the most throw with no side spill if this is what you are looking for. The reason for this is due to the smaller die of the XR-E emitter.

Good Luck!

Blitzwing

Enlightened
If you want a spot thrower, get the XR-E R2, a smooth reflector from Dealextreme and the 26mm glass aspheric lens. Play around with spacing and you will have a spot thrower. The XM-L isn't a great thrower in these small lights.