Presenting: CRELANT 7G5 V2 (prepare to want one!)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note the thick wall of the tubing, and just like the version before it, it uses extension tubing for 2x18650 format:
mg4107.jpg

Note the front as it now sports an SS Bezel:
mg4102.jpg

Here's the extension tube attached to the light, it fits between the head and the original tube.
mg4098.jpg

Here are more photos of the light:
mg4086.jpg

mg4075x.jpg

Spec Sheet:

LED: CREE XML U2 Lifetime 50 000 Hours
Max Output: 850 Lumens @ 3A for 110 Minutes
Reflector: Smooth
Circuit: Step up and down constant current driver,with high efficiency dual mode DC-DC regulator (PWM / PFM)
Lens: Toughened ultra clear glass with AR coating
Body: Hard Anodized Type III Aerospace Grade Aluminum Alloy T6061-T6
Colour: Black

Run Time by Battery Type

- 4x CR123A 800 Lumen 85 Minutes
- 1x 18650 Li-ion 650 Lumen 60 Minutes
- 2x 18650 Li-ion Battery 850 Lumen 110 Minutes
Working Voltage: 2.75V to 12V
Waterproof: IPX-8, beyond 5m depth
Size: Head diameter 62mm, Length 251mm
Reflector: 58 mm diameter x 55 mm deep
Candle: 25W daylight over a 30 sq.m area
Remove the reflector housing,
Weight: 287 grams, excluding battery
Extras: Spare O-Rings

I was told that this light throws better and is much brighter than the first version.

Is this going to be the ultimate thrower in its price/size/format range?

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i thought the old one was ugly well not this one WOW.:devil: That is the coolest looking light i have seen. I really want one of these !!!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes Alex, i think Crelant is learning from the big boys how it's supposed to be made! :)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a dereelight aspherical ez900 flashlight for throw which will out throw this so i might not buy this but i like what im seeing. Ill buy a light when the next new led comes out.

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
Size: Head diameter 62mm, Length 251mm
Reflector: 58 mm diameter x 55 mm deep
Candle: 25W daylight over a 30 sq.m area
Remove the reflector housing,
Weight: 287 grams, excluding battery
Extras: Spare O-Rings

I was told that this light throws better and is much brighter than the first version.

Having exactly the same reflector, circuit and LED, how could it get "much brighter" ? I guess, they told you just what you wanted to hear.
Also, if it weights 287g (including this SS bezel), it's less hefty than the first model. The "shiny" anodising is looking also cheaper than the excellent matt ano from the first version.
Time will tell if it's such an improvement. However, I don't hold my breath.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having exactly the same reflector, circuit and LED, how could it get "much brighter" ? I guess, they told you just what you wanted to hear.
Also, if it weights 287g (including this SS bezel), it's less hefty than the first model. The "shiny" anodising is looking also cheaper than the excellent matt ano from the first version.
Time will tell if it's such an improvement. However, I don't hold my breath.

it could have a different shaped reflector, and a tweaked circuit, so i'll take the manufacturer's word for it. Plus it looks better than the old version. The ss bezel protects the light from head drops.

its always a manufacturer's plan to make a better product, not a product lamer than the 1st. :)

Plus they also said that the older version is no longer in their stocks, so no choice for people wanting to grab the old 7G5 unless you buy it from retailers who still have em in stock.

Let's just see for those who will buy this first if the quality issues have been sorted out.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Too bad the reflector is not like 70mm or 80mm :-( At least this one can run on single 18650! ;-) great for modding!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look of the new 7G5 V2 and will be buying one. The stainless steel bezel looks cool too.

Last edited:

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Yep, have to agree that this is a better looking light.

Not that I had a whole lot against the original, but I didn't like how the extension didn't flow with the rest of the light. It just suddenly got narrower for no particular reason.

Having said that, Crelant have again chosen to make the extension look different to the rest of the light (why do they do that?) - with flats on the 18650 body and rings on the extension - but for some reason, it still looks better to me this way than the previous design. Maybe it would be too difficult to machine every light and every extension so that the flats always lined up.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Did the original use the same battery system? What fits in it without the extender just 1x18650? The M3X uses 2x18500 or 3xCR123 right? no option for 1x18650

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
i believe its a 1x18650, based on the size of the extender you have to add. I'll let you know once I receive my unit. :)

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
I actually think the first 7G5 was better looking compared to this one. I like the finish of the first one.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
The original Crelant, without the extender, would take two 18500s or three CR123A, just like the M3X.

The original Crelant 7G5 would take either 2 18650's, 3 or 4 CR123A batteries.

Yep, three CR123As or two 18500s without the extender, or four CR123As or two 18650s with extender. It all hinges on whether you are using the extender or not.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have one on the way. Eventually chose it over the DBS V3 for less throw and a bit more spill.

I also have a 7G5 V2 on the way. I bought it from Hank at International Outdoor. He assures me it throws better than the original. We shall see, lux measurements do not lie.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a 7G5 V2 on the way. I bought it from Hank at International Outdoor. He assures me it throws better than the original. We shall see, lux measurements do not lie.

Got your light already? Mine hasn't arrived. Anybody got the lux measurements of this new bad boy? :)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't received my 7G5 V2 yet, but I will post lux measurements comparing both versions.

Latest posts